Korra's Recovery

3 weeks later

"Korra!" I heard my name called. "Yeah?" "Can you come here for a sec?" I stood up from the grass and gave Naga a kiss on the head before going inside to find Asami.

I saw Asami was in her office. She looked like she was working on some blueprints.

"Is everything ok?" Asami looked up. "Yeah! Just wanted to know if you were hungry, I'm exhausted from working. Wanna go and grab a bite to eat?" I smiled. "Sure. Just let me get dressed, Naga got my clothes dirty."

Asami laughed and nodded. "Ok. We'll leave in 10 minutes."

I went to go change my clothes. Naga was already sitting on the bed waiting for me. "How you doin girl? You hungry too?" Naga barked in response. "I'll bring you home something." She started wagging her tail. "Love you Naga." She licked my face.

-------------------------
"How's your food?" Asami asked.

I smiled. "It's good. How's yours?" She smiled back.

"Delicious."

There was something in my head telling me to ask Asami to be together again.

I wasn't sure if I should listen.

Was I ready? I mean, I wanted a relationship with Asami. I just wasn't sure if I would be able to handle it.

You know what? I'm ready.

"Asami?" She looked up from her plate. "Yes?"

I gulped.

"Uh, I..."

She rose a brow. "Are you ok?"

I sighed.

"Iwanttogetbacktogetherwithyou."

Asami stared blankly at me.

"Um....what?"

"I want to get back together with you."

I saw little specks of red form on her cheeks. "Y-you do?" I nodded. "Yeah...do you want to get back together? I-it's fine if you don't." Asami reached for my hand.

"Of course I do."

-----------------

2 weeks later

After being at the mall for a few hours, we headed out of the large building and to the car.

We got in and buckled up, but Asami didn't start the car. She just stared into the space in front of her.

I gave her a strange look.

"...we gonna go home now, or...?"

Asami turned to me suddenly. "Korra, I didn't take you here just for the heck of it. I wanted to talk, away from home."

I gulped. Well this didn't sound good.

"What about?"

Asami sighed. "Korra, do you feel like you're getting better?"

I rose a brow. "Getting better from my cold?"

I had caught a cold a few days ago. Although I'm pretty sure that's not what she meant.

"No, I'm talking about your mental and physical health. Is it getting better? Do you feel ok when I kiss you? Hug you? When we talk like this? Does any of what I say or do still make you nervous in any way?"

I swallowed thickly. I hadn't expected that. I mean I knew she wanted answers about this, but I didn't know it to the full extent.

I looked down, my eyes now glued to the floor of the car. "Rarely, but yeah I occasionally do feel nervous about some of what you do. Why are you asking me this?"

I know she wants answers, but I do too.

"I'm asking because I don't want to do this anymore."

I froze.

Did she...want to break up?

No, she wouldn't.

...Would she?

"Do what?" I asked cautiously.

"I don't want to continue to make you feel that way. How do I make sure you feel safe around me?"

I looked up at her and blinked. I let out the huge breath I didn't know I was holding.

"What?"

"I thought you wanted to break up. You don't, do you?"

Asami's eyes went wide. "Wha-of course not! I love you, Korra! I'm not leaving you."

I smiled. "Ok."

Asami reached her hand out slightly, before pulling it back and placing it on the steering wheel.

She bent her head down low.

"I don't want to do anything to upset you, Korra." Her voice wavered, laced with tears.

I grabbed her hand off of the steering wheel and held it in my own. She looked at me once again, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Asami, thank you, so much for doing all this for me. I know it's scary to be with me, not knowing if I'm comfortable or if I feel safe, but that's just how it is."

I sighed. "You just have to be patient. I know that's probably hard to hear but I have to say it so I know that you aren't worrying anymore. I hate seeing you suffer because of me."

Asami sniffed. "I just want you to feel safe."

"I do feel safe, trust me. I told you i sometimes don't, but rarely. A few months ago, I would've told you that you were insane for wanting to be with me and thinking that I'm good enough. A few months ago I did tell you all of that. But I've made so much progress, all because of you."

I wiped her tear-stained cheeks. "I'm almost completely better, because of you. You are the reason I'm still here, Asami. The reason I'm able to start trusting people. The reason I'm able to get out of bed every morning. The reason I smile. The reason why I'm able to date."

I leaned over and kissed her nose.

"You're the reason for everything good thing that has happened in these past few months, that has allowed me to feel like myself again."

Asami's eyes watered again.

I smiled again. "Don't cry. Let's just go home and cuddle with Naga for a while. We can talk more later if you want."

I gave Asami a small and short-lived kiss before leaning back over to my side.

Asami started the car without another word, and we drove off.

I sighed in my head and let my thoughts wander a little.

I'm really glad Asami didn't break up with me. I honestly don't know what I would've done.

I think....I think I'm in love with her.

I smiled to myself as we kept driving, knowing my thoughts were right.

Okay yeah I know this is a slightly shorter chapter! I'm sorry! I'll try and make up for it in the next one. Bye!

~me, who else would it be