Chapter 2: We Meet Again

Shattered Chapter 2- We Meet Again

 Before Edward reached the last inch to kill Jacob, a gray wolf came out from the trees and pushed Edward to the side. I put the shield over my family as we got ready to defend ourselves. Teeth bared, and growls erupting from each of us, we readied ourselves for the battle. Our feet were planted on the ground and Jacob stood there as if nothing was going to happen to him. Funny, he does not know how wrong he is.

"Violence is not the answer, we just wish you do not repeat your actions." Carlisle said impassively. He was the only one not in a crouched position. He was always the one with morals, we all still have plenty to learn from him. 

"Okay, I will be upstairs with Renessmee if you need me." Jacob sounded so jolly, I swear it took all of my control, as well as Jasper's powers to calm us all down. Edward was just getting up prepared to kill, but Carlisle stopped him.

"Son, go to your cottage and rest, so that way you are in control as well as Bella is." He saw the way our expressions remained murderous. We wanted to end Jacob, but Carlisle refused to have such violence. He believed that words were stronger than actions, but ot took all in me not to cause pain to Jacob.

"Watch the mutt." Surrendering my initiaI plans for murder, I dragged Edward by his arm and back to the cottage. Edward did not wish to leave Jacob in the house were our daughter lay, but we had to control ourselves. We had to control ourselves, because if we don't we may become a danger to our daughter.

We sat down on the bed and Edward's shirt was ruined , it was half ripped off. Skimming my hands over the scratches, I frowned. How dare that grey wolf do this. Sure she was protecting her kind, but I do not believe it was necessary to save him. He had no worth.

"Darling, does your chest hurt?" I took his shirt off and ran my hands over the two new scars on his chest. A light shudder ripped through him as he gazed into my eyes. I whimpered at the pain that reflected his eyes.

His gaze seemed to make me forget my troubles of terminating Jacob Black for ever laying a hand on my husband. We both needed rest, pushing him down on the bed I rested my head where his scars were. Breathing an unnecessary breath out, I tilted my head up to look at him.

 He was in agony. I so badly wanted to take the pain away, but it was on his body and not something in his mind. Resting my lips on his wounds, I kissed his them in hopes that it would soothe the pain.

"The scars hurt, but you made me feel better." He smiled weakly as he rested his head on the pillows. I smiled lightly, but still remained saddened of the thought of him in pain.

"I don't like how Jacob acted." I stated plainly as I stared at his scarred chest. I needed to distract myself from the happenings of today, but it seems they won't leave my mind.

"Neither do I love." Edward whispered as he tangled his fingers through my hair. He pressed his fingers to my temples and I sighed. Staring down at his chest and onto his face masked with pain, I began to think of something to soothe his pain.

"Do you need a distraction?" I questioned. Though it was mainly me who needed a distraction. A distraction from everything. If I stayed here and rested, all my thoughts would swarm around me.

"Perhaps, but there are some things to discuss." He started, while I frowned. "Jacob shouldn't really be allowed near Renessmee, but we have to make everyone happy with our decisions." He debated. I nodded my head in agreement and moved my lips to meet his. Kissing his lips softly, i exhaled. He didn't say anything, and neither did I because there were things that we had to think about. 

"Should we talk to the family, or make our decisions first?" I questioned. I believe that it is a better idea to think of a solution ourselves and then bring it to the table to see what the rest of the family thinks of it.