Chapter 31: Painful Reality

Hope you guys enjoy! 

----- 

--- 

----- 

--- 

******** 

Shattered Chapter 31- Painful Reality

Edward's Pov

The spell was still a work in progress, but how long is it going to be. It has been forty eight hours twenty five minutes and thirty point five seconds since I have seen my beautiful Bella open her golden orbs. Two days and a half without seeing her smile, her adoring look, her stubbornness; I believe I am in pure hell. Living hell at that, I can only imagine what actual hell waits for me when I am no more. 

Jasmine told us that her body was weak, and that she did not know if her body could handle it, because the spell gives the body pain. And Bella has had so much pain in the past, that it doubles over.

Doubles over.

How much pain can my sweet Bella go through? She is just one girl; one amazing girl at that. Her smile that made me feel joyous inside and out, was never given for the days that she did not open her eyes, and not make any movements what so ever.

Her chocolate brown hair was rested over her shoulders, and her body rested on the bed that was put in my room the day I asked Bella to marry me. Also the day we made our agreement that we would try after we got married.

Good times. Good times.

The white mattress covered in a baby blue cover stayed unmoving; not one wrinkle on the bed, due to the fact that Bella did not move at all. Carlisle came in everyday after work and before work to see if the bite was spreading.

And it was.

The bite dominated her, her granite skin was now covered in a grey faded into a darker black at the bottom. When we told Jasmine about how the bite was spreading, she replied by saying that the bite spreads first before the spell takes place; also that as the bite spreads it gives her pain.

When can my angel be pain free? She does not deserve this!

Her perfect smile and eyes are probably something I will never see again. Alice told us that she could not see Bella's future, and this worried us all greatly.

What if she really is gone ? And am I  

just holding onto a corpse that was my beautiful wife, who would be part of the ground soon enough.

I have not hunted for the time being, even though my eyes were pitch black with thirst. I vowed to myself that I would never leave her, and I know she would do the same thing. Emmett and Jasper had tried getting me to hunt, but I would not budge.

I will never leave her side. What if she wakes up while I am gone? I will be here every second of everyday waiting for her till the end of time.

" Edward you have to hunt." Emmett said, though I could care less about my life. Bella is the only thing that matters.

" When Bella wakes up." I responded weakly. My voice sounded weird. I am guessing it is because I have not used it to talk to anyone. It lacked its usual fluent way of speaking.

" We don't know if or when she is going to wake up." Emmett retorted; and it took all of myself control not to rip his miserable head off right then and there.

Emmett realized what he said, but it was the truth. She may or may not come back to me, it all depends if her body was strong enough to handle the spell. This is reality, no matter how many times I try to escape my reality, it will never leave me.