XXVII - Planet Life

Nicholas wasn't sure about how much time he had spent as a prisoner there so far. Silence was his single friend until the door opened and Sanches entered.

"Hermano, I think I slept until just now and two soldiers brought me. Where are we?"

"Look through the hatch."

"Damn it, buddy! We're in the sky."

"It seems to me that they're preparing the trip to Planet Life."

"What an adventure we've gotten ourselves into."

"I think things are complicated for us. I'm thinking of a plan to save us."

"You don't even look like the Nick I knew. I hope you find a way out."

"I hope so. I miss my mother and Sophia."

"What about Zara? Don't you miss her?"

"She betrayed my trust. I don't believe her."

They both stood in front of the hatch looking at the look. In a sudden, they felt the ship vibrate and depart. They saw that the landscape had changed when they couldn't see the blue of the sky anymore.

"My God! We are no longer on Earth. Now we are lost."

Sanches was scared as he looked at his friend who had just looked braver.

The earthlings saw the planets being left behind. Then the dark matter of the Universe, and the giant and imposing Jupiter that seemed to swallow the spaceship the nearer it got to the Calisto Moon. They could also see the wormhole inviting them for the trip. Then, Star Hunter ship plunged into the hole, and they were astonished by the warp speed. In a sudden, they saw himself inside a tunnel with luminous sparks dancing around, like a colorful firework show.

A galaxy with colossal measures swallowed them. It was Andromeda that, being twice the size of our Milky Way, showed them the place human beings of the future had chosen to live.

Nicholas also saw the planet Life and how similar it was to Earth. The spacecraft entered the atmosphere and, seconds later, the young man could see a fantastic world that appeared in front of his curious eyes. Then, what had been fear became a genuine desire to know the unknown and to learn more about what future had prepared for humanity.

The great battleship navigated around, getting ready to land, and Nicholas got more and more fascinated about the things he was seeing now and that he had never seen before.

"I was always told there were planets like ours, but this one is too similar; even water is abundant here. I see forests, waterfalls, exotic birds flying among the trees; flowers of different species and wonderful mountains forming landscapes like those seen on Earth; oceans that surround the continent. And... That's weird... One single continent, like our planet used to be in the beginning."

The earthling felt a mix of fear, angst and fascination that occupied both his heart and mind. He didn't know what would happen from now on, everything he knew was that he believed in her friends that would do everything they could to protect him. He was alone and feared what the future could hold for him.

They landed in Perfectio, the capital and biggest city of planet Life and, while the ship arrived at the hangar, Nick could have a glimpse of how splendorous that city was.

The skyscrapers wrapped in glass walls pierced the blue sky dotted with white clouds that resembled suspended cotton balls. He saw the roads and realized that they worked like tracks, above which trains levitated, while cars flew in line, as if they were birds. Under the roads, big reservoirs enabled the flow of the vehicles that sailed in constant speed. There was a sophisticated underground means of transportation and the mountains in the background pleased the eyes of those who looked at their blend of colors.