XVII - The Enemy

Meanwhile on planet Life, Zador stood in the throne room thinking of his daughter. He wanted information about the search for the boy from their terrestrial past who would save her. The king went to Isadora's room and, when he saw her sleeping in her bed, he checked to see if she was breathing fine. With watery eyes, he thought about the counselors he had chosen to accomplish the mission that would save his little girl.

"Kenan is the son of an old friend of my father's, Zador I. His father was mine is right-hand man and served him with loyalty and honor for all his life. I have no doubt I can trust him, as well as I know he's a noble man. Sivoc's team, chosen by him, is the best of all when the matter is the use of intelligence and science to meet their goals. They have good chances of doing a great job. As for Mirov, I'm not so sure. He seems interested in knowing more than he should, and he always asks me about things that are not of his business. I'm not certain I can trust him, but we were brought up together and I can't deny he has been there when I needed him. Commander Merko, who was designated by him for this mission, is an honorable man that does what he is asked for, every time. But I do fear both teams might fail... I hope they don't, with all my heart. The reason why I chose two rescue teams was to increase the chances of having my dear daughter safe and sound again. I do hope they are successful."

Zador stood by his daughter and caressed her face. He remembered the day she fell sick and, in the quietness of her room, he started crying in silence.

* * *

Following the king's order, Kenan got in touch with Science ship. All the crew was in the spaceship and Sivoc, Drako and Tibor talked at the command bridge when a red light started to flash along with an intermittent beep on the holographic screen. It was the counselor who was coming up on a holographic image.

"Somebody, please come in."

"We're present, Counselor, go ahead", Drako said.

"Did you find the boy?"

"Yes, Sir. He's under our supervision". The captain cut in. "We're waiting for the next space-time gap, that will be opened very soon."

"Be careful with Merko's team. They might be around and, although he's a hero on our planet, it was Mirov who chose him for the job and, particularly speaking, I don't trust him. I hope you're able to accomplish the mission with no further problems. King Zador told me in private that he is keeping his fingers crossed for you."

* * *

While they talked, little did they know that somebody spied on them. It was Radof.

"My master is going to be very pleased to know that I intercepted this conversation", he thought with a smile.

Without any time to lose, he took the communication detector to the room where his master was, and they were able to find out the source of the call on Earth.

"You're being useful at last! I haven't been able to poison the child yet, because of a dammed nurse that doesn't take her eyes off the Princess. She and her assistants check with caution and sophisticated equipment everything the royal family eats and drinks. Catching the boy and sabotaging the Princess's surgery is our main chance."

Then, Mirov got in touch with the commander of his team, who was at the Alaska base, and informed him about Sivoc's spaceship's location.

"Captain!"

"Yes, Sir."

The counselor's wrinkly skin came up on the hologram, together with it, his false words.

"I've found your target, and I'll make your job easier thanks to my influence on the government. You can search for the spaceship on the coordinates I've sent you. Now, do your job and come back with positive results. The royal family needs all of us for our planet to be in peace."