XXVIII - The Royal Palace

Nicholas was staying in a room at the Council Building, next to the Royal Palace, when Mirov and Kenan met him for the first time. In the hallway that led to his room, six guards, three on each side, watched any suspicious movement and followed orders to protect him. The guards were dressed in black armor and helmets with a protected opening for the eyes. They also had guns attached to a belt around their waist and a laser spear on their right hands.

In order not to go against Merko, Nicholas maintained his alien shape and was looking forward to being set free. Merko had returned the bracelet to the young man.

Sanches had also gained a bracelet and he became an extraterrestrial.

"So, boy, how was your trip?" Kenan asked, willing to break the ice.

"Sivoc's staff treated me with kindness and respect. As for Merko, he fought us brutally and made me a prisoner on his ship. I think you should look for Zara and the others, they might be in trouble."

The earthling didn't trust anyone else anymore, he was fear being among enemies all the time.

"We've brought you here with the single purpose of saving our Princess with your defense cells, as you may already know," the good counselor said.

"Zara told me everything and I accepted at once to do my best to help you. However, now I have some doubts regarding the purpose of my presence here on this planet."

"Like it or not you don't have many options other than assisting us. For better or for worse," the other E.T. cut in.

"Mirov, please. That's not the way we behave here", the E.T. wanted to calm the young man down and show him that they, the inhabitants of Life, were good hosts and didn't want to cause him any harm. "He must feel at home, and stressing him out will bring no benefit to keeping his defense cells healthy. His Majesty would never agree to the use of force to make the boy save his daughter."

"I don't need to be lectured, Kenan. Everything I want is to finish what we've started and save Isadora", the other stated, with a nasty look.

"And I hope you keep in mind that I'm also a human being, with the right to speak my mind", the boy cut in, afraid of what could happen to him from now on, and annoyed by the conversation that seemed to put him aside. "Most of all, however, I intend to do everything I can to save the little girl."

"There's no need to hush, all the preparations are underway so that things go the best way possible", the evil E.T. commented staring at Nicholas.

"We haven't introduced ourselves, how impolite of us. I'm Kenan and this is Mirov", he said, referring to the man at his side. "We're King Zador Counselors and he's anxious to meet you. It's very nice to have you with us in our planet, Nicholas."

"My pleasure," Nick answered. "I'm also honored to help the Princess, but I'd like to be treated like the human being I am. And it means with respect and dignity," he asked, annoyed by the way he had been dealt with so far.

"I apologize for our urgency and beg you to understand the situation we're living at the moment. We are very worried about Her Highness, whose life is at stake. You're the single one who can save her, Nicholas. You are our last hope," Kenan informed, while the other watched them with a stern face. "You are our guest, and please, consider yourself a free man. From now on, we'll be more careful about our hospitality. We are welcoming people, and you'll be treated well here. The one thing I ask is that you don't leave the Royal Palace, for we must protect you and keep you safe for the surgery. I also believe you would like to meet the ship Science's crew again as soon as possible."

The earthling realized this was a good man, while Mirov seemed to be the bad guy.

"Excuse me", the latter cut in. "Where are they? I thought they were still on Earth."