VII - The Evolution

Sivoc knew they could not be there for long. Danger peeked at them in more than one form, and it was necessary to think of a safe place for them. Earth's governments were avid to capture them with eyes fixed on their technological developments.

While Sivoc, Drako and Tibor tried to find the best strategy to protect themselves, Nicholas and Zara kept aside, since the subject was beyond their sphere.

"Nick, I think we should go to the medical room. I want to check you up since you felt dizzy in the ship a while ago. As you know, I'm the doctor in charge here."

"Ok, but you'll have to show me the way. I'm lost here."

They left through a door on the wall. The earthling saw a hallway with white bulbs on the ceiling and on the floor showing the path to be followed. Some blue lights bathed the walls made of glass, from where it was possible to watch the Cosmos.

The hallways were long and there were crossings that led to places he couldn't even imagine. The woman stood by a door and it opened at once.

They got to the Medical Center. It had white walls and ten beds, placed side by side. Two nurses, both with human features, worked there, and left the room as soon as the girl looked at them. She wanted to talk to her love privately, and that's why she had asked him to go with her to that room.

"So, doctor Zara, are you examining me? Yesterday you were a student like me at the university. Now, you are the doctor in charge in this ship... Things aren't always what they seem to be, huh?"

"Nick, I know you aren't feeling well," she looked down looking for words. "If I were in your shoes, I'm sure I would feel dizzy too. You, terrestrials, don't even think there's life somewhere other than Earth and I'm sure it will still take some time for you to believe in it, but... I need to tell you that, regarding you and me..."

Nicholas looked at her, anxiety filling his body.

"Everything I told you I felt when we were together was true, and I'd do everything again to be by your side. I've never felt anything like that in my entire existence and I'm grateful to you for letting me understand what love is about. Love, something so special and that few people can experience during their lifetime."

"Zara, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what to believe in anymore."

The young man wasn't sure if what the woman was saying was true or not. He couldn't even tell if it was Zara herself the person he was seeing there, at that exact moment. However, that mouth of hers moving in slow motion didn't cease to fascinate him. That red hair, hanging over her forehead, and her personality, typical of a woman who knows quite well what she wants; those were things every young man always searched for.

The earthling watched her white clothes, tight over her body and showing her perfect frame. In his opinion, the doctor had no flaws, and that's why it was so hard to resist her. She was clever, beautiful and sexy, things that he had always wanted to find in a woman. She had characteristics that he couldn't find in anyone else. On top of that, there was his favorite perfume too: the scent of jasmine that she wore at the perfect dose.

That's why, after hearing her words of love, Nicholas went close to her and, shy as he was, he kissed the woman, trying to make up for the lost time and missing their dates in the shack. He got lost in her honey lips.

"Nick, my love, trust me. I'll take care of you. I have many things to tell you, but I'll do it at the right time."

"Zara, you're the best thing that has happened in my life. I still don't know who you are in fact, but I decided to let my instincts lead me and I hope they're right."