XXX - The Bracelet

Mirov watched Perfectio city from his chambers, thinking about the day he would become the absolute ruler of planet Life. A knock at the door interrupted his ambitious thoughts.

"Did you call for me, Master?"

"Yes, Radof. Everything is ready for the earthling's surgery and I hope you proceed as we've agreed. All you must do is to get into the infirmary and substitute the boy's bone marrow with the one I gave you. If necessary, take one of our men with you."

"Yes, sir. Merko oversees the safety of the building where the procedure is going to take place and, once he works for you, I believe we won't have any problems."

What Radof and the counselor didn't notice was that their evil plan had just been recorded by the robot insect that Drako had sent to monitor the evil man's room.

The following day arrived and Tibor, along with two guards, went to Nicholas' bedroom to escort him to the hospital where the transplant would take place. The planet's best doctors had been chosen for the surgical procedures.

"It's very nice to see you, Tibor. I'm feeling better now with you here", the young man said.

"Before we start, I'd like to thank you once more for being the special man you are, and for your desire to help a girl you barely know. I believe that a generous heart beats inside your chest and I want you to realize that I admire you very much and intend to be your friend forever."

"Thank you. I'm doing this because I know it's the last chance for Princess Isadora to survive and I do feel good seeing I can help her."

They went down in the elevator and got to the big lounge at the entrance of the palace. A vehicle waited for them at the main gate. It was a kind of automobile that levitated some centimeters above the floor. Nicholas watched that vehicle in astonishment, and Tibor invited him to get in, opening the door for him.

After the two guards got in along with the both, the vehicle, that had no driver, rose some centimeters above the floor and took them to the hospital. During the ride, the chief of security talked to the guards about the safety measures that would be taken in the hospital as the earthling looked through the window and watched the high-tech city, he was in.

When they got to there at last, the boy was soon taken to the pre-surgical room. Meanwhile, a red light flashed on Merko's glasses. He put them on and saw a holographic image in front of him.

"Captain, keep an eye on the boy so that the transplant is successful. Follow my orders, and you'll be rewarded. Besides, Isadora's life is the most important thing in the world. It's up to us to protect her."

The commander confirmed his support.

"I'll do my best, sir. I'll give my own life if it's necessary to keep her safe."

Drako's robotic insects intercepted the message and their owner informed Sivoc with quickness, who was fast to tell the chief of security to protect Nicholas.

"Tibor, don't take your eyes off the boy, don't allow anyone in and, if Merko tries anything suspicious, you have my permission to disintegrate him. Yesterday, at dinner time, a nano robot with explosive material was put in the Commander's meal. It may be stuck in the mucous of his stomach walls by now, where it'll remain for 36 hours. If you pay attention, there's a small device implanted on your bracelet, and all you have to do is press the blue button to make him blow through the airs."

Outside the surgery room, the bodyguard looked at the bracelet on his wrist and was prepared to press the detonator if necessary. The commander came close to him, embarrassed because of everything he had done to catch Nick and take him off Sivoc's team. Tibor was alert, ready to act in case of any provocation conducted by the captain.