XII - The Face of Evil

Meanwhile, in planet Life, counselor Mirov monitored all Sivoc's and counselor Kenan's conversations, and he had a facial expression of pure satisfaction for being able to spy the scientific team's movements.

"Commander Sivoc, the Princess won't last long if she doesn't get the appropriate treatment, and King Zador is under strong emotional pressure because of her. We need to help him. The Board of Counselors hasn't met yet to decide what should be done if the King is proved unable to rule due to his daughter's disease. His love for her is notorious to all."

"We already have the boy with us, Kenan. And we'll depart in a few days. We will keep you informed as soon as we trespass the space-time tunnel."

"Have a nice journey, Captain. I hope you are successful in your mission."

"I have no doubt that, with another loss, the King will be drawn into a deep depressive state, and my chances of ruling will be huge if we accomplish our mission. I will prove myself the most capable of all members of the Board to rule. I already have spies watching the royal family night and day and, just in case it is necessary to take the power by force as an alternative plan, I still have the army on my side. Either way, this planet will be mine! First, I must poison the old nurse who takes care of the girl and, once she dies, I will recommend a substitute nurse that will be under my command. I'll make her change the medications the Princess takes to attenuate the effects of her disease, and maybe she'll die before the expected time. If she does not die and I must bring in the earthling, I'll count on Captain Merko's mission's success to stand out among the members of the Royal Board on a possible election for a new King", thought the diabolic Mirov, exercising all his cruelty.

Mirov, who was in the same room as Radof, exited the communication frequency and contacted Merko. His image soon showed up on a hologram in front of him.

"We've intercepted signs of communication from Sivoc's ship," the counselor said.

"Please, send us the location coordinates, Sir."

"Radof hasn't defined where the signal came from with accuracy yet but, according to him, he'll get them in a few hours. I'll keep you informed."

"Yes, sir! We'll be waiting."

During a meeting, the ship Science's crew concluded that some especial knowledge would be necessary for the terrestrial boy's survival.

"I suggest Nicholas undergoes a microchip implant in his retina so that he can have straight access to information from our database. He'll be permanently linked to our X2 computer."

Tibor, a well-built man, came close to them.

"I'll train him in every fighting technique available. Somebody needs to teach him how to protect himself of all coming hazards. Besides, I'd very much like to do it."

"What do you think about that, Nick?" Zara asked him.

"Will I learn how to read minds as you do?"

"Yes, you will, but it requires a longer training. For now, you'll learn the main fighting techniques and how to unite body and mind into working together. That's why Tibor will teach you."

"With a skinny frame such as that you're gonna have to work out a lot," Tibor laughed. "I'll also bring you some food supplements and special vitamins that I have in stock, suitable to train thin guys."

"Uh... I'm not so sure. Is that a hundred percent safe?"

"My dear, don't worry, I'll take care of you in person. This kind of microchip implant procedure is my area of expertise," the woman told him in order to calm him down.