1.2

Spencer watched quietly as Margo fell into a peaceful slumber in his arms and he wished that he could stay there holding her forever but unfortunately he had a job to do; he hoped that she wouldn't wake up to find him gone because she was clearly ...

Spencer watched quietly as Margo fell into a peaceful slumber in his arms and he wished that he could stay there holding her forever but unfortunately he had a job to do; he hoped that she wouldn't wake up to find him gone because she was clearly scared of losing people. Sliding slowly away from her, he immediately missed the feeling of her head on his chest and the sound of her light breathing close to him.

He had a new urgency to solve her case -- he knew the full story of what had happened that night and he cared deeply for Margo -- even though it was wrong, he wanted to find the unsub and he wanted to kill him.

Rushing to the large conference room that the hospital had allowed the BAU to stay in while they worked with Margo, he felt nervous to see the team because it was obvious they didn't love Spencer's approach to the case. The door swung open as he pushed it and he noticed the team sitting at a table, two laptops open on  video call, one with Hotch's face on it and the other with Garcia's.

"Have you found out the details of the car crash?" Spencer asked urgently.

"Mrs Ross' car was hit by a speeding vehicle, it was a hit and run. The Police department assumed that it was a drunk driver and never caught him. The only odd thing was that they where hit on an empty road that isn't usually used very much." Hotch told them from his place in the police department.

"Do we think that the unsub could have been the hit and run driver?" JJ asked.

"Why else would he take a picture of the whole family?" Rossi asked. "He clearly likes souveniers."

"He does." Spencer confirmed with a nod. "Margo told me what happened that night and she said that he recorded everything."

"What happened, Reid?" Hotch asked and a ton of guilt hit the youngest member that he now had to divulge his friends in Margo's personal information.

"Margo and Mr Ross where watching a film when there was a crash from outside. Margo thought it was strange but her dad told her to let it go. There was another crash a little while later and Margo looked out of the window and saw that the bin had been knocked over. She knew that something was wrong so she went to check the rest of the house but when she opened the door she saw a man in a mask. When she tried to scream, he hit her and then stabbed her dad in the throat but he didn't die straight away. He was still alive for the majoritry of the time that the unsub was raping her."

The others noticed the break in Spencer's voice but didn't comment on it.

"He didn't hit the artery when he stabbed her father, it was proved in the autopsy." Morgan confirmed.

"The unsub strangled her to keep her down and stabbed herin the stomach once he finished. She said she just fell and stopped moving and he thought she was dead."

"That's why he left." 

"Are there any similiar circumstances in surrounding states in the last ten years?" Garcia was asked through the computer screen. "Whole families being killed?"

The blonde woman back in Virgina began to type furiously and like always she found information quickly. "There was a case four years ago. A car crash on an empty road that killed a father and son, the mother and daughter were killed six months later in a similiar car crash. Then, six years ago two parents were killed in car crash and their two children were killed in their foster home a year later."

"I think we've found our person." Rossi remarked.

"The unsub most likely lost his whole family when he was a child." Hotch suggested the theory.

"Now, he wants to make others feel his pain." JJ added.

"Were any of the other victims raped?" Morgan asked Garcia curiously.

"The mother in the first case who was twenty-nine and the daughter in the second case who was twenty-six." She informed them as she clicked on the pictures of the woman she was searching and gasped. "They both looked similiar to Margo."

"Margo's twenty-seven."

"What if the unsub wasn't a kid who lost his parents and sibling." Morgan contemplated. "What if he lost his wife?"

"I'll look in to it as quickly as possible." Garcia promised.

The team all looked around at each other, everything in the case seemed to be falling into place and beginning to make sense which had previously been quite complex. Margo's information had propelled the solving of the case into action and Spencer was glad that he may have finally been able to help her get the closure that she deserved. They were finally getting there.