0.1

The six co-workers and friends sat slumped in their chairs savouring the seconds that they had left of being off-duty; each was thinking about their families that they would have to leave for the next few days

The six co-workers and friends sat slumped in their chairs savouring the seconds that they had left of being off-duty; each was thinking about their families that they would have to leave for the next few days. It was a tiring job but they each loved helping people and catching criminals in the way they dud.

Penelope Garcia -- the technical analyst of the team -- placed her laptop on the sturdy wooden table and picked up the remote for the large projecter. She clicked a button which notified the others that their work clock had officially began:

"Last night the New York Police were called from a neighbourhood in Brooklyn. A Mr Colbert reported loud screams coming from their neighbours house. Police showed up at the house to find Margo Ross bleeding profusely and crying over her father, Nick Ross', dead body. There was a definite break in and the intruder stabbed Mr Ross in the throat."

As the extravagantly dressed woman spoke pictures of Mr Ross' corpse came onto the screen along with different photos of the crime scene. The team were very aware that the pictures on the screen were frightful to see but it was their daily lives and with that job you became kind of estranged to the horror.

Spencer Reid watched the screen casually as he would when first learning about any other case -- until a photograph of a beautiful girl popped onto the screen and grasped his attention. It was all he could do to keep his jaw closed, instead he had to bite his lip to keep his feelings about the girls alluring looks contained. The girl had shining blonde hair, a structured face and piercing green eyes. He had never seen anybody like her and he was pushed into a state of shock. He hadn't even thought of anybody else in that way since Maeve.

"This is Margo." Penelope confirmed. "She was raped and stabbed by the unsub, along with other abuse that we don't know for sure. The New York City Health + Hospital were able to save her and that's where she is currently. She won't speak to anybody."

Although it was a daily occurance for Spencer to hear about violence towards innocents like that and he had became slightly desensitised to it, something about Margo being treated like that sent shivers through his spine.

"Does anybody know why?" JJ --  Jennifer Jareau-- asked with curiosity: she kept her calm composure but felt deep sorrow for the girl in the picture.

"It's tragic." Garcia began looking down sadly, she hated the gore of the job the most out of the team. "Her mother and brother were killed in a car crash last year, they never caught the driver that collided with them. And now this, she's been through a lot."

The six adults in the room looked down at the desk, keeping silent for a few moments: an event that had became like a ritual to show respect to the victims they came across.

"Why did the unsub keep her alive?" David Rossi -- a previous Sergeant Major from the Vietnam war -- asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nobody knows if he meant to or not. The wound she had could have been fatal if it was slightly to the left." Garcia offered.