0.9

"Let me in

"Let me in."

Spencer said loudly from outside the room leaning against the door frame, he should have been keeping his voice down because the patients and nurses that walked past at that moment thought that something strange was going on. Margo shook her head even though he couldn't see her -- she felt betrayed.

"Please, Margo."

"You lied." She said loudly enough so that he could hear.

"I didn't." He had a desperate tone to his voice.

"What's the definition of a lie?"

She took advantage of his photographic memory because she knew that she could catch him out. Spencer Reid for sure knew the definition of a lie and he would not be able to help informing her.

"An intentionally false statement."

"You made me think that you didn't know about my family by the way you acted and what you said." She said firmly in a harsh voice. "An intentionally false statement."

"Let me in." 

"No." 

"Please."

"No." 

"I can explain if you just let me in."

The emotion in his voice travelled in octaves through to her soul and despite not being in the wrong she felt like a massive bitch for upsetting him even a tiny bit. She usually held grudges against people and if it had been anybody else she would have never opened that door but she was incapable of leaving him outside begging to get in.

She stood up and opened the door but he didn't step into the room until she had moved backwards a few paces so there was distance between them.

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Was everything else you said a lie?"

"Of course not." He shook his head. "My team and I are investigating your case so I read your file."

"You could have told me that you knew instead of pretending to be sorry." 

"I am sorry." He stressed and it was blatantly obvious that he was genuine. "You don't deserve any of the things that have happened to you." 

"Are you trying to sweet talk your way out of this?" Her messy eyebrows raised.

"I'm just being honest." 

"I'm not going to tell you about what happened that night." Her voice raised slightly, not able shake the thought of him being a BAU agent before he was her friend. "I'm not going to tell anybody."

"Why?"

"It doesn't matter." She insisted. "And we don't have to speak anymore."

Spencer, who had been looking at the ground and avoiding eye contact, suddenly raised his head with wide eyes full of horror. "What?" 

"You don't have to keep pretending."

"I'm not pretending." 

"Stop!" She pleaded bluntly. "You just want information out of me and I don't want to be used for a case."

"Did you not hear what JJ said?" He asked more frantically. "I'm not using you."

Her green eyes glossed over and she fell into a sitting position on her bed. "Do you not realise that I don't have anybody?"

"What do you mean?"

His voice was soft as he sat down next to her, wrapping a comforting arm around her.

"Everybody that loved me is dead and everybody here is acting like they want the best for me but they just want to know what happened and then they wont give a shit anymore." She cried slowly.

"Nobody will do that."

"Nobody fucking cares and you made me care about you." Her voice was mixing between angry and distraught.

"Do you remember what JJ was saying?" 

"Are you getting too close." She repeated what she remembered.

"Look at me." Spencer used his hand to gently lift her chin so that their eyes met. "She was talking about you." 

"I got that." 

"Do you think I'm getting too close to you?" He asked her with a nervous gulp. 

"I don't know. Are you?"

"You don't feel like a case. You're so much more."

His statements made her heart skip a beat; before that moment she hadn't believed that Spencer Reid actually cared for her and she hadn't been able to rid herself of the thought that he was just there to do a job but his words sent elation through her and they gave her a surge of courage. Leaning forwards, she pressed her lips against his and moved them slowly -- Spencer kissed her back.