3.0

The silence was haunting as Margo Reid stepped out of her car and the door slammed behind her causing her to jump

The silence was haunting as Margo Reid stepped out of her car and the door slammed behind her causing her to jump. Pulling the gun out of her pocket and holding it up, she readied the trigger and held it like she had seen people do in movies, like she had seen the team do on once occasion before. She needed to feel stronger than she did so she muttered words of encouragement to herself because she needed to believe that she could do this.

It had gone very dark: the sky almost black. The light emitted by lamp posts on the street was dull and barely noticable which made everything so much spookier. She had always been scared of railway lines even though that fear was irrational; the way they never seemed to end and electricity flowed through them constantly, they creeped her out.

"Margo!" His voice rang out like a shot in the silence. "I'm so glad you could make it."

"Where's Spencer?" She asked firmly.

"He's safe." Thomas Lorpin let out a dry laugh. "Well, kind of."

"Take me to my husband and leave us the hell alone, Thomas!" As she raised her voice he raised his eyebrows.

"What are you gonna do?" He taunted. "Shoot me?"

"Yes."

"I bet you don't even know how."

"Try me."

"You know I love testing you." He smirked. "And other things."

"Where's Spencer?" She repeated but he ignored her question.

Lorpin started to speed towards the woman and she raised her gun up higher pointing it at him directly. He didn't falter instead quickening his pace. The speed of her heart increased and she realised that she should not have been silly enough to try and scare him when he had seen her at her lowest points.

Her hand shook as she pressed the trigger of the gun.

The shot rang out louder than anything that she had ever heard before and it threw her off balance greatly. She had underestimated the force of the gun and was pushed off balance. The shot didn't go straight when she stumbled and it only skimmed the mans shoulders, not enough to kill him at all.

"You stupid bitch!" He yelled angrily before lunging for her.

Margo tried to jump backwards towards her car but his stubby hands grasped at her jacket and pulled her into his body. She moved around in a frenzy trying to escape but she knew that he had her.

She screamed even though nobody would be able to hear her: that's why he had chosen that spot after all. She knew she had made a mistake and she should have told Hotch the location Thomas had sent her and let them handle it but she had fell for the trap because she cared about Spencer so deeply.

When she was thrown into his trunk she was hit with flashbacks of the time before and the times inbetween. Torture -- hospitals -- death -- Spencer.

 Time was hard to measure in a dark, confined trunk and empty land didn't tend to have speedbumps or landmarks to watch out for. Pressed against the interior of the car, she felt the rumbling engine clearly and waited for the trunk to open at any second.

He grabbed her roughly when he threw open the boot of the car and didn't say a word as he puller her into an old house which was wrecked and assumably abandoned. The roof was falling in and the paintwork was chipped, bearing a great resemblance to a shack from a horror movie. The inside was no beter and she was sure that she noticed some sort of small creature scurrying across the floor.

"Honey, I'm home." Thomas said with heavy sarcasm when they got to the bottom room of the house and he threw her into a creaky wooden chair immediately tying a rope around her ankles and wrists.

Margo realised that he had been speaking to Spencer when she saw the chair across from her where he was sitting taking laboured breaths, his forehead creased and his hair flat because of the blindfold that was tied around his eyes.

"Oh, this should be fun." Thomas commented, a sick smile taking over his expression as he took quick steps towards the other man.

Spencers hair flew around his head messily as the black fabric was ripped away from his head and his eyes became filled with sadness when he saw the woman he loved sitting across from him. He didn't let any words leave his mouth because he knew that would only add fuel to Thomas' fire and Margo couldn't hide the distraight feeling she felt because she knew that awful things were about to take place.