0.8

Jennifer Jareau smiled at Spencer as he sat down at the table she was already leaning on with a steaming cup of coffee in her hands that made Spencer realise that he was craving a hot drink too

Jennifer Jareau smiled at Spencer as he sat down at the table she was already leaning on with a steaming cup of coffee in her hands that made Spencer realise that he was craving a hot drink too. His last few hours had been hectic, trying to help Margo after she had hurt herself and not letting his own feeling of being broken overpower his ability to be there for her. He had just wanted to help her and he had. They had opened up to each other but Spencer had felt guilty for already knowing the things she confided in him because he had read her file. He would have told her that he already had that knowledge but he had been so caught up by the rushing in his stomach because her head was on his shoulder and they were moulded against each other perfectly. Then the stories from his own childhood had slipped from his mouth before he could realise that it wasn't professional but he wasn't sure that he cared anymore.

He just wanted to care for her and he was starting to believe that maybe she cared for him too.

"How are you getting on?" JJ asked only to recieve a blank look. "With Margo?"

"Fine." He nodded slowly with an air of secrecy.

"Good. Has she told you what happened?" Again, he just looked at her blankly, completely distracted. "With her father?" 

"Oh, no."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What have you been doing then?" She asked with frustration.

"She's been opening up to me." He shrugged nervously because he would never tell anybody the things that Margo had told him. People often told Spencer secrets because they knew that he wouldn't sell them out and it was true.

"Spence, we're here to solve a case." She tried to send some realisation into him.

Spencer nodded although since he had met Margo the case had not been his main focus -- she had.

"We read her file before we came here and you have a photographic memor-"

"Eidetic memory." He cut her off fussily.

She shook her head. "My point is that you could tell me every thing there is to know about her: birth date, home life and details of the car crash her mother and brother died in but that's not what we need to know." 

"JJ."

"You're supposed to find out what happened that night." Spencer felt like he was being scolded and he didn't like it. "Are you getting too close, Spence?" 

"Too close?" 

"Too close to Margo?"

JJ was one of Spencer's closest friend and she could read him like a book, she knew that something was wrong and he couldn't lie to her.

"Probably but I'm not going to give up on her." 

Suddenly, there was a noise from the glass outside. Spencer turned around and saw Margo running down the corridor, his eyes widened as he realised that she had heard everything being said and was clearly upset about it.

"Margo." He exclaimed throwing himself up off his chair and out of the room only to be yelled after.

"Spence, you're getting too attached!"

Walking to her room after leaving to get a snack from the vending machine, Margo was happy because Spencer made her so and it was as simple as that. His voice echoing through into the halls was what caught her attention and made her stop in her tracks because she couldn't resist his voice. She saw through the glass that he was sitting with a blonde haired woman who she recognised as JJ.

"We're here to solve a case." JJ said. "We read her file before we came here and you have a photographic memor-"

"Eidetic memory."

"My point is that you could tell me every thing there is to know about her: birth date, home life and details of the car crash her mother and brother died in but that's not what we need to know."

"JJ."

"Are you getting to close, Spence?"

"Too close?"

"Too close to Margo?" He didn't care about me. 

"Probably--"

She couldn't bring herself to listen to anything else that he said because the snack had fell from her hand and she felt a piece of her breaking somehow. Accidentely she hit the glass window with her hand as she ran away, erasing all of the good feelings that had been running through her mind.

He had lied.

Spencer had known everything about her and he had used it to trick her into telling him everything. Her trust was betrayed and it hurt more than the wound on her stomach. Slamming the door of her room behind her, she slid down it with her face in her hands, hearing his shouts behind her but they were easily blocked out.

Afterall, the whole world felt as if it was closing in on her.