Take Cover (Ch. 18)

After getting everything set up at Liam's sound booth Harry and I warmed up our voices and sat down in front if the camera to sing our hearts out.

"Ready?" I asked him as I felt my heart pounding in my chest.

"I am, are you?" He put his hand in my cheek and I felt it again, my heart, my body had that feeling of anxiety again.

I looked down at my guitar then back up at him. "I hope so, do you want us to do and intro or just sing?"

"How about we do it at the end?"

"Deal." I said ad I felt my hands beginning to shake.

"Okay Niall, we're ready to start the camera!" I said with a smile as he pressed play.

I felt all the stress drain away when I started playing, even though my heart felt like it dropped down to my bum.

"See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I'll wait for you" Harry began to sing and I subconsciously counted myself in, waiting for my turn.

"Slight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you

Through the storm, we reach the shore
You gave it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live with or without you

And you give yourself away
And you give, and you give
And you give yourself away

My hands are tied, my body bruised
She got me with nothing to win
And nothing left to lose

And you give yourself away
And you give, and you give
And you give yourself away

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you
With or without you"

As the song ended I realized that this was a mistake. We finished the video, I smiled my best fake smile and excused myself to the bathroom. I held my belly as I ran to the toilet, clinging to the bowl as my lunch left my stomach.

"Charlotte? Are you alright deary?" I heard Liam say after he knocked gently on the door.

I took a deep breathe and washed my face before inviting him into his lovely bathroom.

"I can't do this..." I said with tears in my eyes, and a lump in my throat.

"It's just a video, love, and you guys crushed it!" He said smiling as he rested his hand on my back.

"No... I mean I can't be with him," my voice shook with grief, "and I don't know how to tell him... All I know is that Cody and I are meant to be together. The whole time I sang that song, I thought of him, not Harry. I thought I loved him, and I do; but its not the same love that I have for Cody." I said sobbing.

"Oh... Well tell Harry what you told me, be gentle, but of course be honest." He rubbed my back and smiled before getting up and opening the door, seeing 2 scrambling boys and 1 heartbroken lad.

"Harry, I..." I said reaching out to him. "I am so sorry."

"N-no... I get it. He's the on you're suppose to be with, not me." He walked over and embraced me, kissing then top of my head one last time.

"I promise I'll get my stuff as soon as possible. Right now I need to find him." I smiled softly, "and who knows, maybe I have a cousin or a friend."

"You can get your stuff whenever you want. Go find him, and never let him go. As for the cousin thing, its probably not a good idea. Just because you're leaving m doesn't mean we won't seen each other again. I'll be here, trying to get over you."

And with that I softly planted a kiss on his cheek, and left to find Cody, my true love. I hopped into my truck, and drove to his friends house who had his new address. I drove to Cody as fast as I could and finally arrived. Anxiously I awaited for him to open the front door; ever so slowly it creaked open. And there she was wearing his T-shirt, with her hair in a messy bun and a smug smile plastered onto her face. "Who are you?" I asked as the butterflies died in my stomach. "Nobody... Who are you?" I said with a whimper as I heard his voice call for her, "baby I'm ready!" He shouted as she slammed the door leaving me alone in the pouring rain.