Chapter 43: The deal

Fionna's POV

" Hello ladies," Death said smiling slyly. "What brings you back to the Land of the Dead?"
Previously, we had been there to reclaim the soul of Gumball's Princess plant and almost died.
"We need to reclaim the soul of Marshall Lee the Vampire King," Cake said.
"Ah yes," Death said. " The Vampire King. That one's eluded me for quite some time."
" Do we have to have another musical battle to get him back?" I asked.
"No," Death said. "It's not so easy this time. After Marshall became the Vampire King, that made him immortal. In order to get the soul back of a fallen immortal, you must exchange it for another immortal."
"Another immortal!" I shouted. " Cake who do we know anyone immortal?"
" What about Ice Queen or Prince Gumball?" she said.
" That's perfect," I said. "If he's in the Land of the Dead, then he'll never be able to come after me and Marshall again. What do you say Death? If we give you Prince Gumball's soul, will you give us back Marshall's?"
" Prince Gumball," Death said thinking it over. "He's alluded me for a while as well. You've got a deal missy."
                       ***
Prince Gumball's POV
I woke up and I saw that I was in a dark place.
The last thing I recall was finally killing that beast so me and Fionna could be together.
But even after I freed her from that monster and offered to turn her human again, she still rejected me!
What nerve!
I was about to kill her next when Cake tackled me and I blacked out.
Then I woke up here. I looked around and my blood ran cold when I saw the castle of light in front me.
No, I thought. It couldn't be!
"Hello Gummy," I heard a voice behind me.
I turned around and my suspicions were confirmed. My worst fear had come true.
"My immortality!" I shouted.
"Welcome home," Death said. " I've waited a long time for you."
                        ***
Marshall Lee's POV
I woke up in the Land of the Dead.
How did I end up here? I thought.
Then I remembered everything.
Gumbutt kidnapping me.
Fi defeating Bella Noche.
Gumbutt Breaking into my cave...
Wait, I remember Fi trying to warn me, but I didn't respond in time and Gumbutt shot me with his little gun!
Now Fi is stuck in there with that Wad and there's nothing I can do.
Next thing I know Death approached me and I knew this was real.
"Marshall Lee the Vampire King," Death said. "You've avoided me for quite some time. But lucky for you that your girlfriend paid your debt. But you'll be back."
Next thing I knew there was light all around me and I was blinded.
                          ***
When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was back in my cave. I also saw a vampire girl with blond hair crying over me.
"Fi," I said sitting up.
"Marshall," she said excitedly.
"Fi what happened?" I asked. "Where's that Gumwad?"
"Forget about him Marshall?" she said. "He's gone now and will never bother us again."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Cake saved me before he could stake me and we went to the Land of the Dead to exchange your soul for his!"
"Gumbutt's trapped in the Land of the Dead? That is priceless" I said laughing.
Then me and Fionna were kissing until I heard a cough in the middle of the room. I saw that it came from Cake.
"Thank you for helping Fionna save me Cake," I said.
"You're welcome vampire. I know we've had some bad blood," she said. I shot her a look, "Pun intended, but you were there for Fionna when I couldn't be. So if you make her happy, then I guess I could learn to accept you guys being together."

"Oh Cake," Fionna said hugging her. I felt awkward and Fionna signaled me to join them. We stayed like that for a long time.