Chapter 40: Stakes

All hell began to break lose.

Gumball began firing his gun all over the room.

"You're a terrible shot Gumbutt!" Marshall yelled mockingly.

Gumball looked really pissed when he said that. Then he began to shoot up at the roof.

I had to stop this.

"Stop it Gumball!" I yelled trying to take the gun from him. Then he grabbed me around the neck.

"If I can't shoot you," Gumball said with an evil grin, "I'll kill your little girlfriend instead!"

"Gumball stop, it's me Fionna!" I yelled.

Then Gumball stopped firing and looked at me. He took it all in: my fangs, gray skin, and bite marks on my neck.

"FIONNA WHAT HAS THIS CREATURE DONE TO YOU!" Gumball yelled incredulous.

He was so shocked by my appearance that he dropped the gun.

This was our chance, I thought.

"Don't you dare shoot her!" Marshall shouted turning visible again. Then he pounced on Gumball.

I stood there watching Marshall beat the crap out of Gumball. But something wasn't right. Even though Gumball it totally weaker then Marshall, I thought he would at least put up a fight. But he's just sitting there taking it, and Marshall was beating him brutally. It looked like Marshall really wanted to kill him.

I didn't really blame him either. Gumball had put us through enough crap these past few months that he deserved to die. But there was still some part of me that cared about Gumball that wouldn't allow for Marshall to kill him.

"Marshall, Gumball's had enough!" I yelled trying to pull Marshall off the Prince.

Gumball had a black eye, a bloody lip, various bruises and cuts on his arms and face, and possibly some broken bones. Marshall looked at me and then back at Gumball. He looked like he wanted to do more, but for my sake he stopped.

"Never bother us again," Marshall said floating towards me.

"You won't have to worry about that," Gumball finally said. Then I saw him pull something out. Upon closer inspection I saw it was one last stake.

"Marshall don't, it's a trap!" I tried to warn him.

But it was too late.

Marshall fell on the floor.

"Marshall NO!" I yelled crying.

"Take that vampire!" Gumball shouted triumphantly. "You've gotten between me and Fionna for the last time!"

***