Chapter 16: A Marshall Mission

He flew me bridal style to start the 'Marshall Mission' he had planned for me.

But when I saw where he took me I frowned.

"What's wrong Bunny?" Marshall asked concerned. "If you're worried about being burned, Flambo's going to put flame shields on us."

"It's not that," I said. "It's just that my ex-boyfriend rules this place."

"You're ex-boyfriend!" he said surprised. "Sorry Fionna, if I had known that, I wouldn't have brought you here."

"Whatever," I said. "Let's just get out of here before he finds out that I'm in the Fire Kingdom."

We were just about to leave when suddenly a fire dragon abducted me.

"Marshall!" I yelled.

"Fionna!" Marshall yelled. "Flambo quick! Put a flame shield on me now!"

"You got it Lee," Flambo said.

"Don't worry Fionna I'm coming!" Marshall shouted.

***

"Put me down you buttface!" I yelled at the Fire Dragon.

I tried to break free of its claws but they burnt my skin since Flambo didn't put a flame shield on me yet. Then the dragon flew me towards Flame Prince's castle.

Oh no, I thought.

I wasn't ready to face him again after what I did.

***

(Fionna's Flashback, 2 years ago)

I looked around and saw the Ice Kingdom melting around me.

Maybe I went too far with this jazz, I thought.

I had to make this right.

"Flame Prince!" I yelled. But he was too busy fighting Ice Queen in his giant form.

I tried to get close to him, but it suddenly got really hot.

Too hot, I thought. Then I passed out...

...I found myself in my bed again like when I had this dream the first two times.

Flame Prince blasted his flames at me and at first they felt warming just like before. But this time something was different.

My skin started to burn. Then I saw bone.

"Stop it Flame Prince!" I yelled.

But he kept burning my flesh.

Before I died, the Cosmic Owl appeared.

Then he said, "You blew it..."

Then I woke up. When I saw the Ice Queen on the ground, I knew what had to be done.

"Come on Ice Queen," I said. "Let's get out of here."

"Ice Queen!" Flame Prince said angrily. "You can't escape me!"

Next thing I know, I turned around and Flame Prince throw a fireball at us.

When Flame Prince saw me he immediately regretted what he did.

"Ah!" I yelled. Then Ice Queen blocked it. Then Flame Prince came over to us.

"I'm so, so sorry Fionna," FP said worriedly. "Are you alright?"

"No Flame Prince, I'm not," I said with tears in my eyes. "Ice Queen has nothing against you. It's...It's been me the whole time."

"So you wrote that letter?" Flame Prince asked.

"After you fought Ice Queen, I had this dream, and I liked it," I tried to explain. "So I kept trying to get you to beat her up and..."

The whole time I tried to explain myself, he just looked shocked and hurt.

"I should have known," he finally said. "That letter... said things that only you would know. Personal things Fionna... and you... you used them against me."

Then he started to walk away from me.

"Flame Prince," I said to him one last time.

"I...I need some time alone," he said looking at me for the last time.

"But... I said I was sorry," I said after he finally left.

"Man, you really blew it Fionna," Ice Queen said looking around at her damaged kingdom.

***

After that day the Ice Kingdom was destroyed, Flame Prince and I had broken up.

Cake and I felt obligated to temporarily take Ice Queen in until the Ice Kingdom was eventually fixed.

One day, I heard Flame Prince overthrew his mom and became the new ruler of Fire Kingdom.

I knew I should have gone to the Fire Kingdom to make things right with him, but some deeper fear was stopping me.

I felt that even if I did try to apologize, he wouldn't believe me and would hate me even more.

I didn't know whether he banished me from Fire Kingdom or not, but I wasn't ready to see him so I stayed away for the past two years.

Now I was going back to him after all this time, but not by choice.

***