Chapter 7: Surprise again

"I'm sorry that vampire ruined our date," Gumball said dropping me home. "We'll just have to go swimming on the beach some other time."

I shuddered at the very thought of.

"Maybe," I said.

Then Gumball kissed me and walked away from the tree house.

When I walked in, Cake was waiting for me.

"So how was your date girl?" she asked.

"It was fine ...until it got interrupted by a vampire," I said nervously.

"A...A VAMPIRE!" Cake screamed, tail frizzing up. "Did he try to bite you?"

"No, but he threw a grey strawberry at Gumball," I said.

"Thank goodness," she said. "Now tell me what you were really doing upstairs."

I knew this was coming. Then I heard a clap of thunder and it started to rain.

Then I heard another sound and shuddered.

"What is it girl?" Cake asked concerned.

"Something's on the roof!" I yelled.

***

"I'm not going up there," Cake said stubbornly. "It's wet."

"Fine," I said, annoyed. "I'll go."

And so I climbed up to the roof and was surprised to see Marshall Lee holding an axe-shaped bass.

"Marshall Lee?" I asked surprised.

"Oh hey, Fionna," He said, noticing me.

"How did you know I live here?" I asked nervously.

Had he followed us home? I thought.

"I used to live in this treehouse before you did," he explained.

"Oh," I said.

"Anyway, Lumpy Space Prince is throwing this party in the woods later. It's going to be freaking crazy," he said.

"I should probably get back to Cake..." I said.

"The cat will be fine," he said. "Besides, I know you're not going to say no, so we might as well go." Then he picked me up bridal style and flew up into the sky.

"Marshall!" I yelled surprised.

***