Chapter 38: Disguises, Disguises

(Lord's Barn, two days later)

"My Banana Guards will not rest until they find my soon-to-be bride Fionna the Human and the body of Marshall Lee the Vampire King dead or alive" Gumball said on Candy Kingdom News Tonight. "The two are assumed to be together-"

In more ways than one, I thought turning off the TV.

Since that fight in the Candy Kingdom, Marshall got his powers back and we both tried to keep our distance from there.

"Fionna, this whole avoiding- Gumbutt situation is becoming annoying," Marshall said. "We're stuck inside because of him."

"Well if you don't like it here you can just leave," Cake said.

"I know it sucks Marshall," I said. "But we can't risk Gumball spotting us. We can't stay hear much longer either."

"You're leaving baby?" Cake asked sadly. "Where will you go?"

"I don't know," I said. "But wherever we go, I'll always be around Cake."

"I know baby," she said.

"We have to get some of our stuff from Marshall's first," I said.

"Ok, but no funny business," she said.

***

When we arrived at Marshall's Cave, we started to pack up everything.

When Marshall looked at his bass he stopped.

"What's wrong Marsh?" I asked him.

"Let's spend one last night here Fi," he said.

"Cake said no funny business," I said.

"What I mean is that this has been my home for so long that I wanted to stay here one last night with you, and then we'll leave. And I promise no funny business. What do you say Fionna."

"Let's do it," I said.

***

Marshall and I spent the next few hours just hanging out-with a little making out in between-together.

"Turn me Marshall," I said kissing him.

"You want me to turn you?" Marshall asked incredulous.

"Yes, that way Gumball won't recognize me and we can be together forever," I said.

"I hope you know what you're getting into," he said before turning me.

"This'll only hurt for a second."

***