Chapter 11: An Almost Moment...

"Fionna..." Marshall began.

"You have a lot of nerve coming here!" I yelled angrily.

"Excuse me?" He asked angrily.

"If you hadn't pushed me-abducted me to that party, I wouldn't be in the hospital."

"You don't think I know that!" he said. "I just came here to apologize."

"Apology not accepted," I said grumpily. "You're just lucky I don't have my boyfriend escort you out."

"You mean Gumwad? Oh no, I'm so scared," he said teasingly. "He hasn't even come to check on you yet, by the way."

"WHAT!" I said choking back tears. He hasn't come yet? "YOU'RE LYING!"

"No I'm not, Fi," he said nonchalantly. " I've been watching who's come in and out of your room for three days now. Even the Cat had the decency to show up, but no sign of that Gumwad."

I pulled his face to mine and whispered in his ear, "Get out of here...before I climb out of this bed and make you."

"You're too weak to fight back..." He whispered in my ear.

That's it!

"Go to hell Marshall! Go to hell and stay away from me, "I said coldly.

His eyes widened when I said that. Then he looked hurt and angry.

"Is that really what you want?" He said sadly. I nodded.

"FINE!" He yelled. "You know, I thought after a thousand years, if I ever met another human, she would be different. Less selfish; but clearly I was wrong. And after what you just said, maybe I will go back to the hell that was my former life. Good luck Fionna. Good luck to you and that dumb Gumwad who doesn't even respect or really care about you that much. You two deserve each other. And it's not because you both love each other, it's because you're both afraid no one else will ever love you, and you're both too stubborn to see otherwise. Sleep on that!"

Then he flew away from the Candy Kingdom and me.

***

Three hours later...

Good riddance!

Marshall is wrong about me...

...About Gumball.

About everything!

I just have to forget about him.

But why is it so hard?

Maybe, just maybe I...

Just then, broken glass went everywhere and cut me up more.

What the hell? Then I heard some familiar cackling.

"Ice Queen!" I yelled. "What are you doing here? When are you going to stop obsessing over Gumball?"

Then she started laughing again.

"Foolish human, I'm not here for Gumball!" she yelled. "I've come for you!"

"What!" I yelled, surprised. I tried to stand up and attack her, but my side still hurt and I fell back down.

You're too weak to fight back.

Then she froze me and everything went black...

***