Two

So in the imagine this is based on Joey was close with her mother, but in this story she'll be closer to her father :)

Two. 

          "You-you have a- a what?" Liam asks, his eyes wide at what I just revealed to him. He takes steps away from me, breathing heavily "I can't stay- stay with you" He shakes his head "I can't" He repeats, before walking out of my apartment. 

I sigh heavily as the door slams shut, sliding down the wall behind my back, bringing my knees to my chest. I lean my head against the wall, staring blankly at the space in front of me. 

"Mommy" I hear beside me, a small hand resting on my shoulder. 

"Hi, Baby" I smile, and he wraps his arms around my neck.

"Are you sad?" He asks, his voice light. 

"No, I'm alright" I smile, kissing his stomach. I stand up, picking his up and wrapping his legs around my waist, kissing his cheeks repeatedly "Let's watch a movie Baby" I coo, walking to my room, and laying him down in bed "I'll be right back" I kiss his forehead, walking to Katrina's room.

"Hey Bitch" She giggles "What's up?" 

"I'm about to watch a movie with E, wanna join?" I ask.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Liam?" She asks, and I frown, shaking my head "You told him, didn't you?" 

"Yeah" I nod "Bad idea" 

"It's going to be alright" 

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to be single forever because no one can accept the fact that I have a child" I shrug with a huff, and Katrina giggles. 

"I'm sorry" She laughs "I shouldn't laugh, but you're probably right" She teases and I roll my eyes, smacking her in the arm. 

"Whatever, are you coming or not?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a minute" She chuckles, and I leave her room, walking back to mine. When I get there, Ethan smiles widely at me, kicking his feet. 

"Hi Handsome" I grin, laying down in bed beside him, I wrap my arms around him and he lays his head against my chest. I pull the blanket over our bodies, kissing the top of his head. 

"I love you" I tell him and he smiles. 

"Love you, mommy" 

"I'm here!" Katrina yells, climbing into bed with us, getting under the blankets. 

"Let's start the movie" 

***

"Hello?" I answer the phone, an unknown number on the screen. 

"Joey" The voice on the other line says, and my stomach drops. 

"Dad?" 

"Hi, I know we haven't talked in a while, and you're probably upset with me, but I'd like to see you" He speaks cautiously "I was hoping it'd be soon" 

"Well, I'm only free today, but I'd need to find someone to watch my son-"

"You can bring him, I'd love to meet him" He says, and I contemplate it for a moment. 

"Okay, I can meet you in an hour?" 

"Okay, text me wherever you want to meet" 

"Okay" I say, hanging up the phone. I stare down at my phone for a few moments before I drop it onto the counter walking to my room to take a shower. I make my shower quick, walking to get dressed. After I finish I walk to Ethan's room, waking him up from his nap. 

"Hi Baby" I kiss his forehead "We're going to go out soon, so lets get you a bath" I pick him up, carrying him to the bathroom. I give him a quick bath, and carry him back to his room, putting clothes on him. 

"Alright, let's go" I grab his hand, leading him to the car. I drive to the restaurant I told my dad to meet me at, walking inside and waiting for him. When he shows up, he looks around for me, a small smile taking place on his face when he sees me. 

"Hi" He hugs me.

"Hi" I say back. He looks down at Ethan, his smile widening. He kneels down and Ethan wraps his arm around my leg "It's okay, Baby" I nod at him, and he looks up at me before looking at my dad. 

"Hi Ethan" My dad says "It's nice to meet you" 

"Hi" He says quietly, and I pick him up, my dad standing up as well.

"Sorry, he's shy" 

"It's alright, you were the same way" He chuckles, the three of us getting a table. We get through lunch without an awkward silence, but with countless unanswered questions. 

"I have a question, it's the only thing I really want to know" I speak up, and my dad nods, dropping his fork. 

"Okay" He nods, wiping his mouth with his napkin. 

"Why'd you and mom give up parental rights? Was what I did so bad that you went that far?" I ask.

"I didn't want to do it" He shakes his head "But your mother threatened to divorce me if I didn't. She was so angry about it, and to be honest she still is, I never wanted you to think I didn't want you as my daughter, because I always will. I was never angry at you, and if your mother didn't threaten divorce then I would've never done it" He shakes his head. 

"Really? She threatened divorce? That's not even a good threat" 

"I know, and looking back I wish I could change it, I'm so sorry, but I want to be in your life, and Ethan's" He admits. 

"I'm not saying I forgive you, but if you want to be there, I'll let you. It's just going to take a little while to get used to" 

"That's all I ask for"