Chapter 17- Inside The Bad Boy's Head

Drew’s POV:

                “I want you out of my house!” I hear my father’s voice boom as I drop my backpack by the front door. I wonder who got him mad enough to scream, he’s usually pretty rational. I slow my pace in the direction of his voice. I wonder where my mom’s at. The sight that greets my eyes, eyes that reflect my mother’s, surprises me. My mother has tears running down her face, her hand clutching her protruding belly, where she claims my new sister lives. I’m seriously hoping for a baby brother, Sammy kind of wore out the sister thing.

                “You can’t do this, I’m expecting our third child,” my mom argues, they’re so caught up in this heated moment they haven’t noticed I’m standing right here. I never thought I’d see my parents fight, at least not like this. My dad’s always been extremely devoted to my mom, they’re love somewhat sickening if you ask me. My mom holds a hand out trying to reach my father, but he flinches back, anger flashing through his green orbs. My fists clench of their own accord as he pushes my mom back, in a flash I’m standing by her side, holding her to me in a protective stance.

                “What the hell are you doing?” I scream furiously at the stranger in front of me. He might be in my father’s frame but I don’t know this man.

                “Drew, let her go, she’s going to leave this house,” he reaches for me causing me to back away. He’s seriously messed up if he thinks he’ll kick my mom out of our home and we’re still going to be a form of ‘best bros.’

                “And why is that?” I try to calm my ragged breathing, many times my mom has told me I need to learn how to rein in my anger. Deep breaths Drew, I chant in my head, keeping myself from breaking his nose. A couple of fights and my mom thinks I have anger issues.

                “She’s a lying whore, she cheated on me,” he points an accusing finger at my mother’s trembling figure. I raise a bored eyebrow. I think every single person that inhabits and comes in and out of this house knows that’s a preposterous accusation. The woman that raised me has loved this man like no other. I’ve seen that love shine in her eyes, love that had been reciprocated until now.

                “Take that back,” I state calmly, he’s seriously fucked up if he thinks he’ll just insult my mother.

                “Drew, just calm down,” my mom places a delicate hand on my shoulder, it rarely helps the anger that’s building up within me. I got to remember this man is my father before I get the urge to do some real damage.

                “You stay out of this and get away from my son,” my dad glares at my mother. Does he even realize how crazy he sounds?

                “And you stop talking to my mom like that, why the hell are you spilling such stupidity?” I pinch the bridge of my nose, I’m starting to get irritated by his stupidity. The father I know is a man of respect, one who would never say anything to the woman that now cowers behind me.

                “I heard it, she’s been whoring around, that child she carries is not mine,” my father rambles on and I chuckle in response. His rambling just sounds absurd to my ears.

                “If you’re kicking my mom out then I’ll be leaving as well,” I sigh.

                “Over my dead body if I let my heir leave with this whore,” he points at my now crying mother. Okay, that’s it, I give no second thought as I pull my arm back and land a punch right on his nose. I smile menacingly at the sickening crack that fills my ears.