Chapter 20- Missing Friends and Notorious Trends

“So, Sammy, Adrian, and Drew all went to the movies?” I ask a smiling Lucas as he squirms lightly in his seat under my scrutiny. He nods without hesitation.

                “Why didn’t you go with them?” surely, he would’ve gone with them if they all wanted to hang out.

                “I’m not a movie person,” he shrugs. He stares at anything in the living room except directly at me. Somehow, I think he’s hiding something. Could it be the way he continues to stray his eyes around the room or the conversation I heard him having, pointedly telling someone on the phone that he’d keep me distracted, I don’t know, it could’ve been anything really. What I do know is that the guys are all trying to keep something from me, now all I have to do is figure them out.

                “You, The Fast and the Furious lover, is not a movie buff?” I raise an eyebrow at him.

                “They went to watch chick flicks with Sammy, believe it or not Drew and Adrian have a thing for those kinds of things,” he waves his hand in what’s supposed to be nonchalance. I nod in mock agreement.

                “So, you’re saying that Adrian the sarcastic douchebag and Drew the gang leader’s son, are out watching chick flicks?” I confirm. Is it me or does this sound pretty farfetched to anyone else? It’s like saying I’d marry broccoli.

                “When you put it like that it sounds a bit wrong,” he grumbles.

                “What’s really going on?” I run a hand through my disheveled hair. I’d woken up to Lucy in my bed but Drew had been nowhere to be seen and I vaguely recall him in my room last night. When I went looking for him the house was practically empty, Lucas the only one hanging around watching Shrek, and he says he doesn’t like movies.

                “Nothing they can’t handle,” he placates with a sigh. He rubs a hand over his face and I now notice the dark circles around his eyes, something seriously has him distraught.

                “They left you here to look after me, didn’t they?” I voice my theory. I can see the thirst in his eyes, the thirst to be with his friends, family, to help them in whatever it is that they’re doing. I understand, if it were Lucy or Kohl, I’d probably be in the same situation or worse.

                “You can go you know, I promise not to do anything crazy,” I breathe. He looks up at me for a moment in complete silence, moment in which I ponder over where Drew could be. I know I should probably be wondering where they all are, and I do, but Drew just stands out a little more. That blue eyes boy will be the death of me.

                “Khloe, could it be that you’re worried about Drew?” Lucas breaks the silence with a goofy smile on his face.

                “No,” I answer a little too quickly, unfortunately he notices.

                “Could it be that he’s getting to you?” he continues to tease. Geez, I don’t know, I’ve practically made out with the dude a couple of times, we’ve been on a date, no, I just to look at the dude. Would it be too bad to have a crush on Drew? Apart from the somewhat illegal stuff he’s not as bad a guy as I made him out to be in the beginning. But, I’ve never really seen myself liking someone to a certain extent, some girls may see themselves in a relationship of some sort but frankly I’m so awkward when it comes to these things. I tried reading Seventeen magazine for some enlightenment but alas, it was no help at all. I’m a hopeless girl.