Chapter 30- Frozen Treats and Misdeeds (Repeat)

If you've already read Chapter 30, this is a repeat because others couldn't see it. It's the same chapter as last time, so you dont have to read it if you already have. 

Song On The Side: Sleeping with Sirens- Roger Rabbit

After the whole fire drill dilemma and speaking to my bully-turned-cousin, my nerves are all over the place by lunch. My eyes stay downward, staring at the plate in front of me while my leg continues to bounce up and down. Occasionally, it bumps into the leg beside me which only causes Drew’s gaze to meet mine and a current of electricity to flow between us.  Stupid Drew and his sexy smirk, beautiful eyes, soft hair…why was I mad at him again? Oh yeah, because he has to be so damn perfect.

                “Are you alright?” Drew’s hand covers mine in a placating manner and for some odd, very odd, reason my body instantly relaxes.

                “Yeah,” I nod. Avoiding his penetrating gaze, I begin to stuff food into my mouth with my other hand. What would happen if the guys found out that I spoke to Mike? Would they ‘take care of him,’ ‘send him to swim with the sharks’, or stuff his body in an old storage locker never to be found alive again. What would they do to me, keep me from my hidden candy stash which they could easily find?

                The risks are just too great. Suddenly, the air around me starts decreasing and my lungs start burning, my eyes start to water and I think Drew finally decided to kill me. Until I realize that I’m choking on my food, I take one of the water bottles being held out for me and down the contents. Once I’m out of danger, I relax when everyone’s kind enough to not acknowledge what just happened.

                That is until someone starts coughing before it turns into full out laughter. My eyes find Adrian across from me clutching his stomach, fighting for air and trying to compose himself. Even Sammy looks like she wants to kill him, but deep in her eyes I can see the amusement trying to fight its way through.

                “Oh, I’m sorry, it’s just…she choked on her hot dog,” Adrian explains before once again laughing uncontrollably. Sammy stops fighting it and leans on her boyfriend for support while she laughs her butt off, but Kohl really takes the cake, laughing so hard he falls out of his seat causing everybody to turn his way. Kim and Ruby have the decency to laugh discreetly behind cupped hands while Drew squeezes my shoulder comfortingly, as if that will make up for the fact he turned his head to the side while his shoulder were shaking. The bastard. That’s when I notice one little apple is missing from the bunch, Lucas. 

                “Where’s Lucas?” I turn to Drew. He seems to debate how to answer before shrugging like I didn’t just witness his mental debate. “You don’t know or you don’t want to tell me?” This time Drew turns to me, eyes intense and dark, raises an eyebrow before shrugging, making me grit my teeth in annoyance. “I’m leaving,” I state, getting up from my seat. Just as I turned to walk away, I find myself rooted in place as Drew holds my hand in his firmly.

                “We’re leaving,” he tells the rest, who resume their conversation like nothing. With an eye roll, I let him lead me by the hand outside the cafeteria doors and into an empty hallway.

                “Where’s Lucas?”

                “Where’d you go during the fire drill?” Lucas, you little snitch, he couldn’t have just kept his mouth shut.