Chapter 4- Clashing With The Mystery Bad Boy

“What are you doing?” I hiss at Kohl under my breath. He pretends he didn’t hear me and continues to smile at the group of guys sitting in front of us.

                Is he the only one that fails to realize the awkwardness of the situation?

                “So, twins huh?” Lucas smiles as he looks from Kohl to me. I guess he’s trying to see the resemblance.

                “Yep,” Kohl chirps. He seems a little too happy with this situation if you ask me. Meanwhile, I’m just hoping a hole will open up and swallow me whole or Kohl for that matter.

                “I think I’m going to go,” I say slowly as I point in the direction of the doors. I gather my bag and stand up but I’m pulled back down abruptly.

                “You can’t leave yet, come on we should get to know each other,” my brother protests. God, would it be so hard if you just make him lose his voice right now? It doesn’t have to be permanent, I’ll settle for temporary voice loss.

                “What the hell are you doing? Do you not see that nobody wants to be here?” I seethe in his ear.

                “You guys know we can hear you, right?” I jump at the sound of Adrian’s voice. Wow, so he can do more than just brood in a corner. Although, I must say he rocks the mysterious guy persona. I turn to look at him only to find his icy glare, no surprise there.

                “Yes, well, we’ve got to go,” I get up once again with no protest from anyone. I drag Kohl by the ear and take my leave.

                “Ow, ow, ow, please let go,” Kohl’s cries fill the empty hallways as I lead him towards my sanctuary, the library.

                I pull open the door to the musty scented room and throw Kohl in, right now pleasantries are the last thing on my mind.

                “Abusive much,” he grumbles under his breath. I give him no answer as I grab a book from a nearby rack and begin to beat him with it. Maybe this will literally knock some knowledge into that thick skull of his.

                “Would you stop abusing me?” he screams. The old librarian immediately snaps her head up to glare at him, her features soften as she takes my figure in. I smile sweetly at the old lady seated behind the old desk.

                She’s a wise old woman that adds flare to the school with her eccentric ways. Everyone around here has heard of old Mrs. Winston, it’s not every day you see a blue haired woman parade around her love of books. On my lonely days at the school, I love coming here to hear her tell me old stories of her young and rebellious ways back in the day.

                I mean I love to hear all about why you can’t remember the sixties. And no, rock n’ roll wasn’t the only reason and that’s all you’re going to get out of me.

                “I’m not abusing you. I’m trying to beat some sense into you. I heard the process can be painful but quite effective,” I explain. He just stands there and looks at me as if I told him ACDC can’t rock.

                Trust me, never get into an argument with Kohl about who can and can’t rock. The world doesn’t have time for one of his legendary music lectures. I learned that the hard way when we were younger. So did the kid that wore the ‘Ban Rock n’ Roll’ t-shirt to middle school, he was also the one that got sent home with a bloody nose. Yet, the whole crowd swore they didn’t see who did it.