Chapter 29- Snarky Attitudes and Douche-bag Dudes

The sound on of knocking on my bedroom door drifts into my state of unconsciousness, desperately trying to pull me back into reality. No, I’d much rather stay in my dreams of being a perfectly coordinated girl with minimal chances of embarrassing herself.

Knock. Knock.

“Go away,” I groan while burying myself further in my pillows. Thanks to Drew, I didn’t really get enough sleep yesterday. Not in that way, I meant that we had to wait for Adrian to stop laughing his ass off and come pick us up. We got home way past midnight and Drew still thought he could sleep in my room. A door in his face is what that theory got him. I kind of feel bad but I think it’s better for me to show him who wears the pants in this relationship.

Me, that’s who.

“Khloe, open the door,” Lady Gaga, is that you?

“Khloe! Hurry up!” this is the reason why people move over to the dark side, imagine the power to eliminate anyone who disturbed your sleep. I don’t even worry about putting my slippers on and just stomp over to the door, glaring at whoever’s behind it.

“Finally,” Kim huffs when I do open it. She practically shoves me aside as she rushes into my room with Sammy and Ruby in tow. Why is Ruby over here so early? Why is anyone in my room this early? I close the door and stop in my tracks when all three of them give me amused looks.

“What’s so funny?” I grumble.

“Why are you wearing my brother’s shirt?” Sam pipes up with a smirk on her face. I look down at myself and take notice of the shirt that covers me down to my thighs, an unwanted blush creeps onto my cheeks.

“Th-that’s not relevant here, what is relevant is why you guys are banging on my door so early in the morning,” I place my hand on my hips and give them that chastising look that all mothers seem to have down.

“It’s noon Khloe, and I think you and Drew were doing something last night that definitely kept you up,” Ruby giggles as she finishes her observations. Sammy, in true Adrian fashion, begins to do obscene gestures with her hands.

Very classy, Sam.

“Considering it’s Saturday and there is no school, to me it’s still morning,” I glare at the smiling girls.

“Yes, well considering Drew’s uncle is coming to your house I would expect you to at least dress up and greet him,” Kim gives me a stern look. Why does it seem like people are treating me like a child? Wait, did she just say what I think she said?

“Mr. Pine’s coming here?” I repeat.

“Yes, and these two have conjured up the idea that they must look good for my uncle, which to me is completely awkward and weird. What are you doing?” Sammy explains and no later was the confirmation out of her mouth that I had bounded into my closet in search of something to wear. Not that I think Mr. Pine is like some eye candy, it’s just in the good nature of greeting my favorite English teacher. 

Who just happens to be hot.

“I’m getting ready,” I call out to her while rummaging through my clothes. Once I’ve chosen an outfit, I head to my bathroom to wash my teeth and fix my hair. It’s not like I’m dressing up, I don’t want to look like I’m trying too hard, you know. Then, people will start expecting my best all the freaking time. I throw on my white-knitted tunic over some black jeans and head back out into my room.

“I’m going to tell my brother that you’re dressing up for his uncle. Let’s see how he takes that,” Sammy quips. For someone as small as her she sure has a lot of mean going on, which only leads me to further believe that Adrian’s bad attitude is contagious.