Chapter 12- Sugar, We're Going Down

“So, what did you do to my brother?” is the first thing Sammy asks as I climb into the small, candy apple red bug that belongs to Ruby, when they pick me up on Saturday.

                “What do you mean?” I ask slowly as I take a seat in the back.

                I did nothing to Drew, how the hell was I supposed to know that he had my number? The bad boy should give a warning before he blows my phone up.

                “He’s been a little angry,” Sammy pinches her thumb and index finger to emphasize her point.

                “It was just a little mishap,” I shrug sheepishly. Ruby and Sammy, both give me expectant looks as they wait for the fresh gossip.

                Well, Khloe, you wanted some girlfriends so here you go. I heave a dramatic sigh, before relaying Friday night’s events, adding the fact that I ignored Drew after I realized it really was him texting me, and excluding the why Adrian would text me.

                “This isn’t good,” Sammy shakes her head sympathetically from the passenger’s seat.  

                “How?” I huff.

                “Look, the guys are what you could say bad boys, and when a bad boy has his eyes on a girl they tend to get jealous and possessive. Drew is the worst kind and you not texting him back about Adrian just set off a whole bunch of scenarios in his pretty little head,” Sammy explains while Ruby nods along in agreement. I find it hard to believe, the way they talk about Drew. Sure, he always seems mysterious and scary, but I never have seen him angry.

                Could it really be as bad as Adrian and Sammy make it out to be? And to just what extent could Drew’s anger go? I have a feeling I might find out pretty soon.

                “I’m not going to do what he says and I can talk to whoever I want,” I scowl at the way these guys think, plus I don’t belong to Drew.

                “You know that, Ruby knows that, and I know that, the guys don’t have to know that. Do you think Adrian is any different? Please, he gets jealous of Drew, my brother. It is our jobs as the girls to make them believe they have the power, but in reality we all know that we’re their pimps,” Sammy explains while fixing her long, brown hair.

                “Yes Khloe, you have to talk to him before he goes berserk,” Ruby pitches in as she looks at me from the rearview mirror.

                “He already did, I’m telling you he’s pissed off, and come Monday he’ll most probably stake his claim,” Sammy continues.

                I groan at the thought of butting heads with Drew, again. Why can’t this bad boy leave me alone?

                “We’re here, have fun today and I’ll help you control my brother on Monday, okay?” Sammy reaches for my hand from her seat. I smile and nod, yet, my mind is buzzing with many dangerous and possible scenarios.

                We head inside the mall and into the spa to get manicures, pedis, and facials, girl heaven. After getting pampered we head into various stores, trying on an endless variety of clothes and shoes, which Sammy and I purchase for Ruby. She deserves a little something. We currently stand in front of a massive dress rack.

                “Try this one on,” Ruby hands me a little black dress. I look at it skeptically but then I remember that ever girl should have a little black dress. Audrey Hepburn, hello, so I take it back with me into the dressing room with a smile. It’s nice to do this with some friends. You don’t know you’re lonely until you have someone you could lose.