Chapter 3- The Unexpected

“When you ready come and get it, Na, Na, Na, Na,” I belt out while dancing around like a three legged hyena and my arms frantically waving in the air. Small giggles have me snapping my head towards the small matt in the far corner of the room.

                “Oh you like that?” I coo at Lucy, who took time off of her blocks to look at me making a fool out of myself. I smile when she shakes her head. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about, she’s a kid. I’m a great dancer and singer.

                “Whatever Lucy, I’ll be stacking paper one day with these moves,” I continue the one sided conversation. Though I can tell she stopped listening as she picks on her blocks once again.

                “You can’t go in there!” I hear a commotion down the hallway getting closer by the second. I furrow my brows, it sounded like Claire was talking to someone else. A minute later the door to the room opens with a bang and I hurry to a frightened Lucy’s side. I pick her up and hold her close in my arms.

                “What the hell?” he screams, more like bellows, he has a deep voice. I stare at him in confusion and fear. The guy seems oddly familiar. He’s tall, brown hair and eyes with a lean muscled frame. I tighten my hold on Lucy.

                “Are you going to explain this Khloe?” he asks a lot calmer now, when I hear his voice clearly realization dawns on me.

                “Kohl?” I whisper but in the now silent room he hears. Claire, who hasn’t said a word, comes closer and takes Lucy out of the room.

                “How…why are you here?” I voice, trying to desperately form a coherent sentence.

                “Khloe is that baby yours?” he asks nodding his head in the direction of the door. I just stare at him in disbelief, barely listening to what he’s saying.

                “Are you listening to me?”

                “Kohl?” he sighs and steps closer to me. I take a step back not knowing what he’s up to, he merely smiles and envelops me in his arms.

                “Yes Khloe, it’s me Kohl, your twin brother,” he mumbles into my ear while he holds me in his arms. He he, guess I forgot to mention I had a twin brother huh? Well, I never thought I’d see him again, can you blame me?

                “Where have you been, you weren’t here for the funeral, you left me all alone,” I demand as I step out of his comforting hold. He may be my brother but he has a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

                “I wanted to be there Khloe, I did but I couldn’t. After our parents sent me to study abroad I was angry at them, they separated me from my family, from you, I was mad. When I was informed of their death, I was angrier. They sent me away only to leave us alone, literally. I couldn’t handle their death, I was mad at everything,” he explains.

                “It was just a couple of months ago that I finally responded to one of Roger’s many letters and I asked if I could come home.”

                “I’m sorry I stopped writing but when you wouldn’t respond I automatically assumed that, that was it for us,” I explain.

                “It’s okay, I don’t blame you. Now, what I wasn’t informed about was the little girl out there,” he raises an eyebrow. His brown eyes, the same as our father’s, glinting with curiosity.