Chapter 13- Banana Peels and Sour Feels

I watch terrified as Drew and Adrian roll around on the ground, grass stains and dirt clinging to their clothes, not that they care about their ‘fashion don’ts’ right now. My body stands paralyzed as both guys try to land a punch on the other. I wince as they each manage to get a few hits. I notice Kohl standing off to the side in my same state of shock, snapping me out of it.

                “Kohl, help me stop this!” I yell over the guys’ curses.

                “Uh, I got twenty bucks on Drew,” he states as he reaches for his back pocket, pulling a twenty dollar bill and slapping it down on the table he had been setting.

                “You knew where my sister had been at all this time?” Drew’s voice booms as he hauls Adrian up from the collar of his leather jacket.

                “Calm the fuck down because you are acting irrational now,” Adrian states calmly, looking the bull directly in the eyes. That is one fearless dude.

                “Why the hell did you not tell me?” Drew blatantly ignores Adrian’s reasoning.

                “Oh, forgive me for not announcing it so freely, only managing to add more to the crap you call your life right now, it’s not like I wasn’t going to tell you at all,” Adrian states not breaking eye contact.

                “Does Sammy know you’ve been staying at another girl’s house, huh?” Drew tightens his hold around the fabric, bringing their angry faces merely a breadth away. I hope they brushed their teeth, but I shouldn’t really be thinking about that right now. Adrian’s face flashes with pure anger and disbelief at Drew’s insinuation, as strong as lightning breaking through the dark skies.

                “Come on Drew, you know Sammy’s got no fucking competition. Get your damn mind out of the gutter. Do you even realize who you’re acting like?” Adrian sneers. That statement has Drew going completely off his hinges, his eyes almost seeming as dark and cold as a midnight, gloomy sky blanketing an eerie forest.

                “You’re seriously going to compare me to that fucker right now?” Drew sneers, morphing into a complete stranger. If I thought that Drew was scary before, this is an eye opener. I gasp audibly as he throws his arm back before ramming it into Adrian’s face. I watch in horror as blood trickles down Adrian’s now broken nose, not that, that seems to stop the unflinching bad boy.

                Who was Adrian comparing Drew to? It must not be good to get a reaction like this, like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

                “Is that all you got, come on Drew, I know you can do better than that,” Adrian taunts, should he really be baiting Drew right now while he looks like that? I step closer to the duo, Kohl nowhere to be seen now, and grab a hold of Drew’s arm just as he was about to land another punch.

                “Stop,” I whisper, not daring to raise my voice startling the beast. I flinch as he shakes me off roughly and pushes Adrian back, whom I step close to. For some reason, and I never in a million years thought I’d say this, I feel safer with Adrian right now. Though, his state doesn’t seem very protective right now, more like someone should protect him.

                “How long did you know?” Drew directs his blazing glare towards in my direction as he steps closer to me.