Epilogue

• Dedicated to everyone who ever encouraged me to write this book!

Last Love

Epilogue

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            “I figured you would go in alone and try to distract her as long as you could, but you never thought of who was going to distract her so you could kill her.” I smile at the remark. He came for me this time, without me having to tell him.

            “So, shall we go find Elijah? I’m sure he’s wondering where you are.” He adds as I turn to him, “You mean, he doesn’t know you’re here?”

            He shakes his head as we exit the factory and meet Elijah and Damon at the car. Elijah smiles as we come into view. “I was hoping you would show, brother.”

            “Why is that?” Klaus asks as we stop in front of them.

            “Because, if you did, you would have done the right thing for the first time in your life.” I glance to Damon, who’s watching me almost as if he’s seen a ghost.

            “Didn’t Elijah tell you all the news?” I ask as a smirk crosses his face.

            “Oh, yes, he certainly did… But I have to ask, does Stefan know?”

            “Not really…”

            “Well, if you’ll excuse me, I must be getting back to Mystic Falls… I believe I have some news to tell my brother…”

            “Go right ahead, also tell him that we’ll be returning in a few days as well…” Klaus adds as Elijah and I both look at him curiously. “You said you wanted to go home, didn’t you?”

            “Yes, of course, I just didn’t think you would give up so easily.”

            Damon speaks up, “Well, I’ll see ya later then and Grace, thanks for the save… Ya know, sometimes I do things, I don’t have to do.” We all chuckle.

            “Are you just going to keep using that sorry excuse for an apology sentence over and over again?” He nods, “That was my plan.” With that, Damon disappears. Before I can say another word, I bright ray of light appears out of the sky.

            The light floats in the air and when it finally reaches the ground, a woman appears. She’s as white as snow and all you can make out is the outline of her face. “Grace, my dear child, you won the battle. Talia has been defeated.” She states.

            “Mother? I thought you said you didn’t have a human form? You were nature…”