Chapter Fifteen

Last Love

Chapter Fifteen

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            I didn’t say anything to Elijah, I didn’t say anything to anyone… I was still trying to figure out everything for myself. I had never felt anything like that before so I decided to go into the library and see if I could find anything on bonds. I found one, it was called Vampire Bonds, Nature’s Gift.

            I snuck upstairs and went to my room, I flipped through the book until I found a section I was interested in…

            Like most living things, vampire bonds have a maturing stage. The first stage is discovering the bond. Once the female sees the male for the first time, or vice versa, the bond is awoken. They may not know they’re bonded at first, but it won’t take them long to realize the sudden attraction. Emotions are heightened and at times, can be overwhelming.

            The next stage is very well known. It’s a type of mind compulsion… After discovering the bond, the couple will feel very protective of one another, this stage is very normal. They will always feel a need to be near their mate and this stage will ensure they know if they’re safe. When they’re ready, they will practice getting into each other’s mind. It won’t take them long to be able to use this gift and they will easily be able to notice if either of them are in danger.

            The third stage is more of an emotional stage. When the couple shares their first kiss, the bond will have almost reached full maturity. This stage is a very emotional time. Because the bond has almost reached full maturity, it is very powerful. Once the first kiss is shared, it will become more and more difficult for the couple to restrain themselves. They’ll feel as if they always have to be near each other and being away from each other will become almost painful. Once this stage reaches its peak, the final stage will begin.

            The last stage is called marking. The male will bite the female as a sign of marking his territory. Within twenty-four hours, a mark will appear where the female was bitten. There is no way to tell what the mark will look like, but it will easily be recognized by other supernatural creatures that, that female is indeed off limits.

            I have to be bitten? No one ever said anything about that! I close the book and pitch it to the side. Does Klaus know about this? If he did, wouldn’t he have told me?

            I decide to see for myself, so I focus all my energy to Klaus and within a few seconds, I’m in his mind.

            “Niklaus, you’re going to have to tell her. Keeping this from her will only make her angry.” Elijah says.

            “I know, but I don’t want to scare her. She’s been hit with quite a few surprises lately.”