Chapter Eighteen

Last Love

Chapter Eighteen

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            Klaus seemed to like the idea of a road trip, since neither I, nor Elijah could talk him in to just flying there. It was about a sixteen hour drive from Mystic Falls to New Orleans and even for a vampire, it’s still boring. In reality, it took us longer, because Rebekah kept stopping at all the large malls on the way. She tried to get me to accompany her, but I wasn’t interested, so I kept Klaus and Elijah company in the car.

            After almost a full day of driving, we finally made it to New Orleans and I made Klaus promise that on our way back, we would fly. He agreed without any kind of argument, as I believe Rebekah had gotten on his nerves…

            Klaus seemed very excited as we all got out of the car and looked on at what used to be the Mikaelson’s old estate. It doesn’t look much different than it did all those centuries ago; it’s the same brick mansion with large bay windows. However, now it looks like a garage has been added. It looks to be inhabited.

            “Let’s go see whose home, shall we?” Klaus asks as I smirk and walk with him up to the porch. Suddenly, the doors swing open. A fairly young, African American male steps forward. He looks shocked as his eyes lock on Klaus.

            “Marcel? You’re still here?” Klaus asks almost as if he doesn’t believe what he’s seeing.

            “Yes, yes, is that really you? Niklaus Mikaelson?”

            “The one and only.”

            Wait, did he say Marcel? I remember him… He used to be Klaus’ best friend… Klaus saved him from being a slave a few years before I met him, or that’s what Elijah said. When I met Marcel, he was still human, now, he’s a vampire… That can’t be good… Let’s just say, we never got a long… Marcel was always trying to steal me away from Klaus, but for some reason, Klaus never saw it.

            “Grace? You…” He doesn’t finish, he looks from me to Klaus, then asks, “You’re bonded? I thought you died?”

            “I most certainly did not. I’ve just been on the East Coast for a while.”

            “How did this happen? I’ve only heard about this in myths…” He looks back to Rebekah and Elijah. “Wait, you’re bonded to them both? Both brothers?”

            “Gee, is it that obvious?” I add sarcastically.

            “Um, come in, come in… I’d love to catch up with you…” We all follow him inside and sit around the parlor. I didn’t realize how many people were here… There were at least fifty other vampires walking around the house.