Chapter Twenty Five

Last Love

Chapter Twenty Five

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            It took a couple of hours to get into Tennessee and we crossed the border just after two in the morning. Elijah pulled off the interstate a few miles later and we checked into a hotel. We couldn’t help Damon if we didn’t know where he was and it was my job to find a location. He had only told me the state in which he was in and sadly, that wasn’t enough for me to be able to find him.

            I had to contact Damon again and in order for me to do that, I had to rest and try to find a location. Elijah kept telling me I shouldn’t have any trouble, that once I drift off to sleep, my instinct would take over. I believed him. He was, after all, my mate, for the time being.

            That was defiantly something I was trying to cope with… I had never expected to be bonded to Elijah, he was my best friend and the intimate emotions I was feeling for him, just didn’t seem right… I wasn’t sure how to act around him and I don’t think he was too certain either…

            After what seemed like hours of talking to myself, I was finally able to fall asleep…

            “Damon? Are you here?” I whisper into the darkness.

            There’s a brief silence, but finally he responds, “I didn’t dream it… I can hear you…”

            “Yes, listen, I don’t have much time. Where are you, please be specific.”

            “Just outside of Nashville, I remember seeing a sign outside the building, it said The Natural Candle Factory, I’m in the basement of it, I think.”

            “Okay, I’m coming, just don’t tell Talia you’ve heard from me, alright? I have a better chance of killing her if I catch her by surprise.”

            “Killing her? Grace isn’t so angelic anymore, is she?”

            “No, afraid not. I’ll be there within the next day, either you will see me or Elijah. If it’s Elijah, do exactly as he says…”

            That was the last thing I remember saying just as I awoke from my slumber. “So?” Elijah asks as I sit up trying to remember everything Damon had said. “He’s just outside of Nashville at some place called The Natural Candle Factory?”

            Elijah quickly Google’s the name, “It’s defiantly a place alright, but it’s been closed for decades... It went bankrupt in 1982.”