Chapter Seventeen

Last Love

Chapter Seventeen

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            God, I hope Emily is still here. I’m really anxious about this whole ordeal… Ever heard if something’s too good to be true, it probably is? Well, that’s exactly how I feel about this. Klaus and I have had so much trouble out of this bond, how could it possibly only have four stages? Something just doesn’t seem right…

            We enter the witch house and stand in the foyer. It’s quiet and now, with the sun beginning to set, it’s starting to get dark. “Emily? Are you here?” My voice echoes against the empty walls. I don’t get an immediate response, but a minute or so later, a ghost appears in front of me. I’m a little startled, I’ve never been this close to her before, usually she’s upstairs.

            “I wasn’t expecting you so quickly… The bond is ready for the last stage?” She asks and glances at Klaus.

            I nod, “Yes and I wanted to ask you some things before it happens.”

            “I already know, my dear, I suspect you’ve already told him about the incident?”

            Klaus speaks up, “Yes, she’s already told me, what we want to know is what will happen afterwards. We don’t really know anything about the side effects, if you will.”

            “It’s likely that Grace will sleep until the mark is revealed. Once it appears, that’s it.”

            “Nothing else?” I ask again.

            “No, Grace, you’re just paranoid.” Klaus chuckles at Emily’s remark.

            “I think I have a right to be... Well, thanks for the info, Emily.” I add as Klaus and I leave and head back to the estate.

            “I have an idea… Why don’t we wait another day or two on this event and take a vacation?” Klaus asks, giving me a hopeful smile.

            “Vacation where?”

            “New Orleans.”

            Ah, New Orleans… So many memories… That was the first place I met Klaus. He had been running the city for a few years and let me tell ya, everyone jumped when you mentioned his name… There was one memory in particular that caught my attention…

            New Orleans was where he and his family held all their dances and their annual Founder’s Ball was where Klaus and I shared our first dance. It was beautiful and I remember getting butterflies as soon as I saw him…