Chapter Nineteen

Last Love

Chapter Nineteen

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            It’s been almost a month since we first arrived in New Orleans; I didn’t expect to be here this long, but The Marcel Project is still under way and it’s taking longer than expected. Since I originally told Stefan we'd only be gone a week or two, I had to break the news that Klaus had found something he needed to take care of. He wasn’t happy but he didn’t seem too upset. It just meant more alone time with Elena for him.

            I did ask about Damon and all he said was that he called about a week ago and asked how everything was going. He wouldn’t tell Stefan where he was, he just said he was finding himself, whatever that meant. I know that I was the reason he left and a part of me misses him, but what can I do? Damon’s gone and I’ve moved on. I know he has a soul mate out there and I wish he could find her. Maybe then he’d understand that it was never me…

            Back to the Mikaelson’s; Elijah has been doing well with keeping Rebekah in line. Most of the time, I forget she’s even around. She does her own thing and from what I hear, she’s been getting a little hot and heavy with Marcel. And let me tell ya, Klaus is defiantly not happy about that. Elijah has been trying to explain to him that if he intervenes now, Marcel may lose trust in us, well them. He knows not to trust me, bad idea. We’ve already had our run ins over the past month.

            The first time, he asked how Klaus and I met again. Then he wanted to know if the bond was indeed real. Then he wanted to know why I was in love with such a ‘monster’. Again, with that stupid word.

            But for the past week or so, he’s been pretty quiet. He was driving me crazy with all those stupid questions, so I warned him. I let on like I knew he was up to something, indeed he is, he basically admitted it. I told him to stop whatever he was doing or I’d let Klaus in on the little matter. I could tell he was immediately afraid, so I knew whatever it was had to be bad.

            Marcel has been taking care of the vampires in New Orleans, everyone seems to like him, except for the witches…Which is why Klaus has asked me to figure out why that is. So, today, Elijah and I have a little ‘shopping’ to do.

            After filling Klaus in on our plan, Elijah and I headed out of the estate. A few of Marcel’s guards noticed our presence and before we were safely out the door, Marcel appeared. “Where are you two going so early in the morning?” He asks.

            “We’re not your little minions, Marcel. We can leave when we want.” I answer as Klaus suddenly appears.

            “Yes, I was just about to say the same thing, love…” He smiles at me as Marcel rolls his eyes. “Grace has been so terribly excited to go shopping in the city since we arrived. I figured today was as good a day as any to send her on a little shopping spree.”

            Marcel seemed to buy it, but he looks to Elijah for conformation. “You like shopping? I would have never guessed.”

            I respond before Elijah gets the chance. “Oh, he doesn’t. He just tags along to keep me company, besides Klaus wouldn’t let me go out by myself anyway.”

            “But I thought leaving one another was painful?” He counters.

            “It is, mate, but only if we’re far apart. The shopping center is only a few blocks away, I’m sure we’ll be able to deal.” Klaus answers.

            “Yes, if you don’t mind, I have some major shopping to do. Catch ya later.” Before they can say anything, Elijah and I quickly disappear and get into the car.

            Klaus suddenly appears in my mind, Come back with something, so he isn’t suspicious.

            Oh, don’t worry, I will…

            “So, let’s go talk to some witches…” Elijah adds as we pull out onto the street. “I’ve been ease dropping on some of Marcel’s guards, the witches should be home right now, they don’t usually get out and about until close to lunch time.”

            “Where do they live?”

            “Right up here, not far.”

            “How long do you think we have before Marcel gets suspicious?”

            “As long as we need, I’m sure Rebekah and Niklaus can keep him busy.”

            Elijah parks at the cemetery gates. “They live here?”

            “Well, this is where they do their magic. Marcel wouldn’t expect them to be here.”

            That’s true. Marcel has forbidden them to do magic, unless it’s to benefit him, go figure. But I’m sure they probably find some way to get around those orders… Maybe we can use that against them…

            Elijah and I walk around the graveyard aimlessly as we search for any evidence of witches. Within a few minutes, we hear someone talking... As we listen, we figure out someone’s doing a spell… Looks like we’ll be able to catch them in the act…

            Elijah gets a few steps ahead of me as we enter an old shed in the center of the graveyard. A young woman is standing in the middle with her hands over a burning flame. She’s startled as she turns to us.

            “Originals.” She mutters. “You’re gonna tell Marcel, aren’t you?”

            “Well, that depends on you.” Elijah adds. She looks on a bit confused.

            “You work with us, we won’t tell. If you won’t, then we will. Simple as that.”

            “What do you want?”

            “First off, we haven’t properly been introduced. I’m Elijah Mikaelson.”

            “Grace Edwards.” I add.

            “Sophie Deveraux.”