4.1 - Reminiscing

Maelyn's POV

I took one last look of Minjoo before I left with Soo Man-sshi. I was hoping that she would come with us like I planned. Oh well, here goes nothing!

Wow, this place is so amazing! Sure, SM Ent. is a famous company and all but...You really won't expect a building THIS stylish from an old man.

"How do you like it here so far?" Soo Man-sshi asked.

"I like it. Did you pick out the designs here?"

"Yes, I want the idols and trainees to be as comfortable as they can be."

"Ah, I see." Once again, awkward silence...

We stopped by some practice rooms to check on the idols and trainees. Wow, these children work really hard. I'm sure their parents are proud of them for going after their dreams.

We went in his office and I studied the whole room. One side of the wall is made entirely out of glass. You can clearly see everything outside. There are two white leather couches set perpendicular to each other in front of the mahogany desk and three white leather armchairs set perpendicular to the other side of the couch as well. There are also black wooden furnished shelves for the different awards that every single idol/group in SM ever won. It is pretty simple but it is really stylish and classy.

Oh, the whole building? If I could only live here, I will!

Lee Soo Man's POV

MaeLyn studied the office with awe and amazement in her eyes. She really reminds me of...Jinra *sigh*. They really look alike. But...I must not dwell on the past.

~ Flashback, 29 years ago ~

"Jinra-ah come here." I said and spread my arms out for a hug.

"You have to catch me first!" She stuck out her tongue and ran. I chased after her around the park. She giggled as we ran around in circles.

I finally caught her and I encircled my arms around her waist. She turned around so she's facing me.

"Aish, such a child." I said and she gave me her one-of-a-kind half pout, half glare. Ilet go of her and I pinched her cheeks. Awww, she's too cute! 

"Yah oppa, that hurts!"

I chuckled and kissed her cheeks.

"There. Better?"

"Hmmm...Anii..." She said while thinking of something...Aha! I know what to do, this always works.

"How about I get you your favorite chocolate ice cream?"

Her eyes twinkled with delight. I thought so...

"Okay oppa!" We went to the ice cream vendor and bought two cones of chocolate ice cream. Afterwards, we sat on the park bench.

"Yum, so delicious!" she said and ate the wole thing. She REALLY loves ice cream. I finished mine and looked at her. She's one  cute, messy eater. I chuckled and took out my handkerchief.

"Sucha messy eater you are." I wiped her face and she stuck out her tongue.

"Oppa, let's go to the amusement park!"

"Sure." Yes! All according to plan.

As we entered the amusement park, I saw her jumping with joy.

"C'mon oppa, let's ride the rollercoaster!"

"Hmmm...Let me think about it..."

"Awwww...Puhlease?" she said with her puppy dog eyes and of course, her pouty lips. She's so adorable!

"Hmmm...Okay!" I finally said.

"Yes, yes, YES! Thank you oppa!" and she pecked my cheek. Then she pulled me to the ride...

After the ride, she saw a cotton candy vendor. She pulled my sleeves, pointed at the cotton candy, and gave a pleading look. I smiled and bought her one...

"Oh, it's almost sunset! Wanna see it? I know a perfect view!." I told her and she said "Sure!" Then we rode the ferris wheel and watched the sunset together...

The sky slowly turned to pitch-black. The city is very beautiful when it's dark. The busy streets turn calm and are lit with different lights coming from the different sources. Even though it's dark, the amusement park is still full of life...

Jinra laid her head on my shoulder and held my hand. She closed her eyes and said:

"I wish we could always be like this...Oppa, promise me that we'll always be like this, together forever." 

The aura at the ferris wheel is so calm and soothing. The lights in the carnivals and rides twinkle like her eyes.

I brought out 2 silver rings from my pocket.

"I promise. " I began "And as a sign of my promise, I give you this promise ring; a promise ring..." She removed her head from my shoulders. "...as long as the two of have these rings with us, we'll always be together."

The rings our engraved with our initials: 'S ♥ J'

I inserted it on her middle finger at her left hand and did the same with mine

She looked deeply into my eyes, her eyes filled with faith and trust and all the love in the world...

Slowly, our faces became closer to each other, every beat of our hearts bring us even closer...Until our lips are only centimeters apart...

...The Ferris Wheel stopped, indicating that we should go -_- We laughed and went down the ride with our hands held together and our rings shining on our fingers.

~ End of Flashback ~

I sighed and put my hand in my pocket. I took out 2 rings... A silver and a gold one. Both are engraved with the same inscriptions: 'S ♥ J'. Tears slid down my cheeks as the memories flooded back.

~ Flashback, 24 years ago ~

Tonight's the night. I checked if everything was all set according to plan.

As we were walking around the park. I checked the time and where we're at. Perfect.

I knelt in front of her. She was shocked but what I did but I continued otherwise. I pulled out a small velvet box and opened it. Inside was a gold ring and has the same inscriptions as the promise rings.

"We've known each other for quite sometime now and I enjoy every second I spend with you. You're the only one who made me this happy. I don't care what others say, or if they're against this relationship. You are my everything. I'll do everything to show my love for you...

"Saranghaeyo Park Jin Ra...

...Will you marry me?"

Her tears fell as she listened to every word I said. She pulled me up and hugged me by the neck. She whispered the words I wanted to hear from her.

"Yes...I will marry you

       ...Saranghamnida Lee Soo Man."

As soon as she whispered those words, coincidentally, colorful fireworks lit up the night sky. We sat on the grass and watched in awe as fireworks of different shapes, sizes, and color lit the night sky...

I've never felt this happy in my entire life...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tralalalala~! Semi-cliffhanger :P

COMMENT OR ELSE YOU WILL NEVER GO TO SOUTH KOREA >:P