19 - Daegu Duo

Normal text - normal (Korean) conversation

Bold text - English

Enjoy~~ ^^

---------------------------------------------------

Key's POV

I can't believe it's her. It's really her. I finally found you, Park Minjoo.

It has been weeks since our comeback. Since the day fate decided to weave our paths once again.

I remember her as the shy, innocent little girl that is my neighbor and my classmate in elementary school as well. She only had one friend and that other little girl, Minra, I assume, is the one with Minjoo and Yesung hyung during our comeback. She was very quiet, because no one really dared to start a conversation with her. She had no father, one of the very reasons the other kids stay away from her. Eventually, bullying started. She can't even defend herself because of her tiny size. Her friend tried, but it was futile. I knew I had to protect her. There was this nagging voice inside my head saying that I need to take care of her, the fragile little girl that was mistreated for having no father figure. It wasn't her fault right? Why would anyone even think of bullying a harmless little girl jus because she doesn't have a dad?

I stepped in and took care of the bullies. She looked at me with those wide angelic eyes painted with sadness, hurt, and fear. They broke her. I was so angry I swore that I'll make her happy and forget whatever mean things they did or said to break her. I asked if I could be her friend and she hesitantly agreed. She started smiling more each day and spoke complete sentences rather that quiet one-word replies or gestures when talking to me. I was glad.

Middle school came. She was no longer that timid girl. She had that tough exterior and was determined that she can't be fazed by what others say. I smiled. I raised her well. But deep down, I know that fragile girl is still hiding. Sometimes, she shows her true self to me and I'm happy that she does. I still try hard to fulfill my promise of protecting her.

We were so inseparable. We were more like siblings, the term 'best friends' might... no, IS an understatement. But things started to drift apart...

They had a series of moving to and fro here and Seoul. It scared me. How is she coping up? Isn't she tired of going back and forth? We became a bit distant because of the moving here and there but I couldn't let that stop me. I still called her and asked if she's alright. There was always this answer of her with nonchalance saying that she's alright. At least Minra is with her. Minra's parents are overseas so her legal guardian is Minjoo's umma. But I heard that she stays in a different apartment in Seoul since she doesn't want to bother them but she's still living pretty close. We weren't really close, I barely knew Minra, but I was glad that she's looking over Minjoo.

My baby, I finally found my baby (other than Taeminnie, of course). And I'm still hanging on to my promise. Oh gosh, I feel so horrible. All contact with her ceased when I auditioned and became a trainee. I still worry about her, and I think she's really upset that I haven't reached out to her like the usual. She doesn't answer my calls or texts and I rarely do so because I'm really busy. I still manage to send at least one message a day. The last time we bonded was when I taught her some English after I got home from the exchange program.

I found out that they moved to Seoul for good. I wondered if that was a good thing or not. We might still see each other since I started to be SM's trainee. I tried contacting her but she was unreachable. Did she change her number? Does she hate me that much?

When I debuted with other four trainees under the band name SHINee, I was determined: I'll find her, Park Minjoo - my first love, my princess.

And no, I don't have feelings for her anymore. She's more of a little sister to me anyways. (A/N: Gotcha~ Ignore this and continue)