He Doesn't Know [14]

I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I've been holding it off for quite some time and since I'm not doing anything right at this moment, I've decided to write this chapter for you guys.

~~~~~

I knocked on his office door, opening it when he said to come in. He looked up from his desk and smiled.

"Hello." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and sat down in one of the chairs in front of him.

"We're skipping all of this crap and discussing what I came here for." I inched my chair closer to his desk and looked straight into his eyes telling him that I was serious. "Do you or do you not have any enemies?"

Colton just stared back at me and laughed. "Of course I have enemies. We are the third largest pack on the North American continent, we are bound to have people who dislike us."

Trying to be patient, I resisted the urge to get out of my chair and strangle him. I folded my hands and placed them on my lap. "So .  .  . you have no enemies whatsoever? Nobody that you have ever pissed off? No one who's out there to get you?" He shook his head no.

"Are you sure you're not just making stories up just so you can spend time with me?" He asked with a smirk.

That is when I lost it. I stood up from my chair and grabbed him roughly by the collar of his shirt. "Can you just answer the f*cking question Lockwood?" I looked into his eyes, the playfulness was gone and was replaced by fear. He feared me and he should.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." His hands tried to remove mines from his shirt but I was too strong.

"Oh, I think you're lying." I walked him to the open window and flew him out if it. "Good thing you're a werewolf poor alpha." I jumped out of the same window and landed gracefully on my feet. "I know you did something Colton, and I intend to figure out what it is." I picked him off the ground and pulled him by his ear to the trees.

~~~~~

"Ow, ow, ow. Let go!" Colton whined as I dragged him to the scene.

"Let you go? Okay." I let go out his ear and shoved him to the ground. "Whoops." I shrugged my shoulders. "Get up." Without any hesitation Colton was off of the ground and by my side in a matter of seconds. "So you're telling me that you have no idea what that means?" I pointed to the trees that were painted with blood.

He stared at them in shock and turned back to face me. "No, I have no idea what that means."

I stepped closer to him so that our faces were only inches apart even though I was shorter than him. "This problem not only endangers your pack but mine as well. They are my family and I will do whatever it takes to protect my family. Do you get that? You should be doing the same thing alpha."

Just then Travis and a few others emerged from the forest. I stepped away from Colton, giving him the best glare I had in me. "Is everything okay here?" Travis asked.

I looked back at him with a sarcastic smile plastered on my face. "Oh everything is dandy Travis!" I squealed like a little girl and marched my way into the pack house and up to my room.

I opened the door and found Raelyn sitting on my bed flipping through a magazine. "Oh my god Matthew McConaughey is so freaking hot and he's not even a werewolf!"

"Uh, isn't he like .  .  . forty something?" I questioned plopping my butt down next to her.

"But damn is he hot." She looked up from her the shirtless picture of Mr. McConaughey and placed her chin on her propped up arms. "So, how was your day?"

"Oh it was shitty. Did you not hear the scream?" Rae shook her head no and silently urged me to continue. "Apparently this little girl found the remains of some animal and it freaked her out. Then on the trees there were the words "Be Afraid" painted on with blood. I don't know what any of this means! Colton has no idea what it means either and I was hoping he did so I could beat the crap out of him again."

"Colton is not the only member of this pack you know."

"But if I interrogate everyone then it's going to cause panic and I'm really not in the mood to deal with that." I fell back onto my bed and closed my eyes.

"Then question a few."

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"You're an idiot, do you know that?" I could tell that she had rolled her eyes without even looking at her. "Don't question everyone, question only a select group of people."

"And who in the hell would that be?" I could feel myself growing tired.

"Uh, Jascunt, your brother .  .  . oh! Your parents, his parents. Figure it out." I felt the bed move and heard my bedroom door open. "Both of your parents come back in two days, you can ask them then." Raelyn shut my door and I got up from my bed.

Would mom recognize me? Could I even tell her? I can't tell her, she'll blow my secret to everyone. But she's my mother.

I went into the bathroom, took off my clothes and got into the shower. I turned on the water and stood under the shower head thinking about what would happen in two days. I scrubbed the dirt off my body and washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner. "Mm, strawberry." I rinsed off all the soap and got out, wrapping a fluffy blue towel around my body.

I walked out of my bathroom and sat in my bed with my towel still on.

'Travis.' I called through the mindlink.

'Miss me already?' I could just picture him smirking.

'Yeah, no.'

'That hurt my feelings Toni, it really did.' Even through the mindlink he still found ways to piss me off.

'Travis can you shut up?'

'Make me.'

'Okay, people are trying to sleep so if you're going to flirt with her Travis, do it in your own personal mindlink!'

'Sorry Lily! And everyone else. Go back to sleep.' I initially felt bad but burst into laughter a few seconds later. 'You sure are an idiot Travis.'

'What did you want anyways?' He asked quite annoyed.

'I wanted to let you know that I didn't find anything out from Colton. He really doesn't know.' I walked over to my dresser and pulled out some clothes.

"Oh, it matches too!" I put on my sports bra and panties and then my purple tank top and black shorts.

'Well, find out more information tomorrow. Get some sleep.'

'Ugh, good night Travis.'

'Good night Toni.'

I shut the mindlink off and walked to my bedroom door. "I'm not going to sleep. I'm going to explore." I turned the door knob and walked out of my room, shutting the door quietly.

~~~~~

Yes, yes I did just do that. Dun dun duuuuuuun. Okay, no.

What do you think she's going to do? Hmmm? What do y'all think? Who do you think knows? Do you think that Toni will tell her parents? I know it's short and stuff but, I'm sick so I don't want to stare at my phone for long periods of time. I just couldn't leave you guys without an update.

Okay, that's all I needed to say. Bye bye !