8. After

I really didn't want to go back into the condo after Melissa caught us. I just wanted to sit in Everetts lap forever and never see Melissa again.

"Oh come on it wasn't that bad" Everett  said after a few minutes.

"You literally just said that it was embarrassing" I said as I looked at him.

"Well my embarrassment is gone now" I just stared at him.

"Well mine isn't" he just shrugged before pushing me off his lap and standing up. He held out his hand for me to grab which I did and once I was up he was dragging towards the front door.

He pushed me through the door first and I came face to face with Melissa who had her hands on her hips, a cocked eyebrow, and a smirk on her lips.

"How was your little chat?" She asked.

"Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" Everett asked after he closed and locked the door.

"I was about to go to bed when I got up to close the curtains that were on the window that just so happens to look out onto the backyard and what do I see? My nephew making out with my boss...." she paused sending a look between both of us.

"Now,since you two got your 'feelings' out time for bed!" She said as she gently clapped her hands.

"I got to get up in a few hours to make breakfast, your baby will be up in a about an hour because he likes milk in the middle of the night and I just want you to get some rest since you were in such a bad mood today" she said then grabbed both our hands and pulled us along behind her.

I glanced over at the couch and realized that Camden and Paris went to bed.

"Mel, were two grown adults, I think we can decide when to go to bed" he said and I've never seen Melissa whip around so fast.

"Do not test me Everett" she said with fury in her eyes. I've never seen Melissa like this.

"I guess after a certain time you're not really nice, like feeding a gremlin after midnight" he said with a little laugh and she rolled her eyes but I could see the humor on her face.

"Listen, I'm tired and I want to go to bed so goodnight..." she pulled us both down and kissed both our temples.

"I love you both and please sleep in separate rooms so River doesn't get another sibling" she said before turning towards her room, walking into it and closing the door quietly.

2 days later
"Aunt Paris" River cried as we watched her car drive down the driveway. He was squirming and reaching towards the car.

I was sad too but I wasn't showing it. Paris had just left for her tour and I hated watching it. The only good thing about this tour is that my parents and Camden went with her and I could move back into my house.

"Mama" he cried while pointing towards her car that was just about out of sight.

"I know baby" I said as I turned him so his face was in my neck.

I turned and walked into my house with River still sobbing in my arms. River crying made sense because he didn't understand why Paris was leaving. I've never heard him cry so hard in my life not even when he fell off the swing.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed his sippy cup. I set it on the counter and then grabbed the apple juice out the fridge and poured some before putting it back in the fridge and screwing the cap onto the sippy cup and then handing it to River which made his cries turn into whimpers.

I did all of that with one hand, I was a super mom!

"Was I hearing River crying?" Melissa said as she popped her head into the kitchen.

"He's sad that Paris left" I said as I looked down at my little man. His big eyes were looking at me as he drank his juice. I wiped someone of his tears away while I rocked him.

"Are you hungry?" She asked and I just shook my head.

"I'm hungry" I heard Everett yell from somewhere in the house before I heard running and then he appeared in the kitchen.

"Okay baby" she said and then went to work making something.

While Melissa cooked I went to the living room and sat down and turned the tv on. River was laying against my chest, still drinking his juice.

These are the moments I love with him. When he just lays with me and everything is so calm around us.

"GET OUT OF THIS KITCHEN,NOW!" I guess calm doesn't last very long but I still enjoyed if it happened.

A few seconds later Everett appeared and came and joined me on the couch.

We hadn't really talked about the kiss and how we basically told our whole life story to each other.

I heard a pop and looked down to see River pull his sippy cup from his mouth and throw it down before looking at Everett.

"Ev, play" he said and I looked down at him curiously.

I guess Everett was too hard for him to say.

I looked at Everett and he apparently didn't hear River or didn't know he was talking to him.

"Everett" I said and his head snapped towards mine.

"Play" River said while squirming out of my arms. I let him go and he jumped out of my lap and ran over to Everett.

Everett looked at him and River smiled before grabbing his hand. Luckily, Everett went along with it and got up like River was strong enough to pull him up.

River dragged him over to his toy box and made him sit down and start playing with his cars.

I let out a laugh every now and then because River would yell at him because he wasn't playing cars correctly and he didn't know each cars name.

Every so often Everett would give me a pleading look but River would yell his name to draw his attention back to the game.

"Juice, mama" he said while waving his hand at me to bring it to him.

"I'll go get you more" I said as I grabbed the sippy cup and walked to the kitchen.

I didn't want to break Melissa's concentration so I quietly grabbed the juice and poured it and then quickly left.

I walked back into the kitchen to the funniest sight.

River was standing up, with his hands in his hair like he was so frustrated and he was yelling at Everett. Everett looked like he didn't know what to do so he just sat there and nodded to everything River was saying even though he most likely couldn't understand half of it.

"Here,cuddle bug" I said as I walked over to them and handed him his sippy cup.

I sat down on the couch and turned my attention back to the show but not before hearing River say one last thing to Everett.

"Get it right!" He snipped before sitting down and angrily Handing the toy car to Everett.
~
New year, new chapter!

I have to say I'm not that proud of this chapter but it'll do (sorry if it doesn't make sense)