5. The Park

Camden Code(Chris Wood)>>
~
"Fuck" River giggled from his car seat.

"Stop" I scolded. He just laughed harder.

We were currently stopped at a gas station and Paris was getting gas while I sat in the car with Camden and River. We were headed to the park.

"Fuck" River squealed again,

"Enough, River, if you say it again no cookies for a week" he immediately scowled at me.

"Wow great parenting" Camden commented from the front seat.

"I don't see you helping" he turned in his seat to look at me.

"I would be a better parent then you ever will be"

This is how Camden is a hundred percent of the time. He's nice to me when Paris is around but as soon as we're alone he acts like my parents.

"Fuck off" I yelled.

"Fuck off" River immediately repeated.

I grabbed Rivers hands and smacked both of them lightly. He yanked them from my grasp and grabbed the blanket that was in his lap and covered his head with it.

"See, you teach him bad things which will make him a bad kid" Camden said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't call him a bad kid, he's at the end of his terrible twos" Camden just shrugged.

The tension was high until Paris climbed back into the car.

"Alright, everyone ready to go?" She asked happily and Camden and I nodded.

"Fuck" River mumbled from under his blanket.

I rolled my eyes.  No cookies for him.
~
"Paris don't let him throw rocks" I yelled from the bench I was sitting on in the park.

Paris wanted to spend time with River so I just let them be. Camden disappeared as soon as we got Here.

"He's three" she responded but immediately changed her answer when River threw a hand full of rocks at her back.

"Smack his hands" I told her and she grabbed his hands and lightly smacked them. He pulled them against his chest and ran over to the slides.

"Don't make me the mean one" Paris said while turning to me with her hand on her hip.

"Well he has to learn and unless you want more rocks thrown at you, you have to discipline him" she rolled her eyes while shaking her head.

I looked over towards the slides and saw River peak his head out from behind them and looked at us.

I stood up and playfully ran towards him. He screeched while running towards my legs. I bent down and kissed all over his head and face.

I picked him up and set him on my hip.

"Swings" he said pointing at the swing set.

I walked over and set him on the swings.

"Hold on to these" I said bringing both his hands up to the chains.

I gently started to push the swing and he giggled.

"Higher" he chanted and I just shook my head and pretended to push him higher because I didn't want him to get hurt.

I pushed him for five more minutes before I glanced over at Paris who was now sitting with Camden eating candy.

I turned back towards River and saw it as soon as it happened. River let go of the swing and fell forward. He got a face full of mulch and the tears and screaming took a second before they started.

I raced around the swing and grabbed him. I put him on my hip and dusted some of the mulch off of him.

"Mama" he sobbed.

"I know baby" I said as I held the back of his head and ran my thumb over the back of his head.

I walked over to Paris and Camden and Paris looked very concerned.

"What happened?" She asked.

"He fell off the swing"

"Oh baby boy" Paris said as she reached over and rubbed his leg. He didn't like that though because he started kicking his legs.

He just kept crying.

"You wanna go home, cuddle bug?" I asked and he gave me a slight nod.

"Time to go" I told them and Paris nodded while Camden rolled his eyes but not where Paris could see.

"But I thought we were going to grab some dinner?" Camden said when we got to the car.

"Well, River got hurt so we can't. I'm sure Melissa will make us something"  he didn't seem to like that answer but got in the car anyway.

I opened my door and climbed in with River still in my lap and he was still sobbing. I rocked him back and forth as Paris started driving.

"Mama" he sobbed as his snot started dripping on to my chest.

"I know baby" I kept rocking him and after five minutes he fell asleep.

Once I knew he was a hundred percent asleep I looked down at his face. His face was puffy and red and he had scratches and a bruise starting to form on his cheeks and forehead.

"Is he asleep?" Paris asked.

"Yes" I responded.

"Does that mean we can go get something to eat?" She asked.

"Um you can just drop me off at home and you two can go eat. He needs to rest" I saw Paris nod.
~
When we got home I just jumped out and quickly said bye to Paris before she drove off.

I carried a still sleeping River to Melissa's condo so I could put him in his bed.

I walked into the condo and saw Melissa cooking and Everett watching a cooking show.

"Hey, how was the park?" Melissa asked when she saw me walk through the door.

"It was good until River fell off the swing and smacked his head off the ground" she looked at him asleep and my arms and gave him a sad look.

"He cried himself to sleep" I said and I looked at Everett who hadn't said anything to me yet.

"Hi Everett" I said and he gave me a slight nod, he didn't even look at me.

I looked at Melissa and she just shrugged before she started frosting the cake, that I assume she just made.

Without another word I walked back to my room and gently laid River down in his bed before closing the curtains and then the bedroom door.

I walked back into the living room and went and sat down at the kitchen table.

"How are my parents today?" I asked Melissa and she gave me a tight smile.

I knew she couldn't tell me the truth until they left because no matter how much we both dislike them, they still pay her pay check and I wouldn't want to be the cause of her losing her paycheck or her job.

"They seemed more judgmental today and very harsh" I nodded.

"That makes sense since they've been gone for a while, all that judgement had been pent up" she gave me a sad look.

Melissa hates how they treat me, that's why she treats River and I so well.
~
I'm sure how much I like this chapter but it's good enough.

Sorry nothing interesting really happened!

Happy Thanksgiving!