13. Visit

1 week later
Today was the day.

I was going to get to meet Everetts mom.

"Are you ready?" Everett asked from the doorway he just appeared from.

"Yep" I grabbed my purse off my bed and followed him out of the room.

"Are you nervous?" I asked since he hadn't seen his mom since he put her in the center.

"No, if she hates me she hates me" I was kind of shocked by that answer but I wasn't sure why.

We walked downstairs and turned into the living room where I heard giggling.

The sight that was in front of us was adorable. Paris was chasing River around the couch while River laughed and was having the time of his life.

"River, bye baby" I said from the doorway while giving him a small wave. When he heard my voice he stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Mama, where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to see a friend of Ev's" River looked confused.

"Me too?" He asked and I smiled before shaking my head.

"No baby, it's only for adults" he immediately pouted.

"But you get to stay here and have aunt Paris all to your self" he broke out into a smile at that. Then ran towards me, while I bent down to his level, and gave me a hug.

"Love you, cuddle bug" I said before releasing him.

"Love you mama" he said before he began running around the couch again.

"See you two" I waved one last time before following Everett out the door. Melissa was waiting in the car for us so Everett hopped in the front seat and I hopped in the passenger seat and we were off.

It was going to be about an hour and a half drive.
~
Hour and 20 minutes later
I could tell Everett was getting nervous the closer we got to the center.

He started tapping his finger on the steering wheel and moving in his seat and changing the radio then putting it back on the station it was just on. He finally rested his arm on the center  console so I grabbed his hand and interlocked our fingers. He looked at our hands before looking back at the road.

"It's going to be okay" I said softly and he nodded. We didn't talk for the rest of the drive.

After about ten minutes we pulled into a driveway with a sign at the opening that read 'TwigBorro Rehabilitation Center'.

Everett squeezed my hand tighter as we drove up the driveway and a big building came into view.

We parked and all three of us got out. As soon as I was close enough to Everett I grabbed his hand again.

We walked into the waiting area of the center and Everett let go of my hand to go check in at the front desk.

Melissa and I took a seat and as soon as Everett was done he joined us.

We sat for twenty minutes before they called us back and we went into another small room, it kind of looked like an interrogation room but was all white.

We sat down in the chairs and waited.

Another five minutes passed before the door opened and in walked a beautiful woman dressed in a scrub like outfit. She had dark hair and was on the thinner side but she looked healthy.

She looked angry until she spotted Everett, as soon as she saw him her entire face lit up.

"Everett, hi" she exclaimed as she sat down across the table.