12. Mom and kiss

I stared at Camden after his last comment.

"I'm confused, you said you never wanted to be a father. When I told you I was pregnant you wanted absolutely nothing to do with it" I wasn't angry I just wanted to know what he wanted.

"I was seventeen, what teenage boy wants to be a dad" he said loudly and I shushed him so River wouldn't wake up.

"Do you think I wanted to be a parent? I was a year younger then you and had nobody but Paris and even then she wasn't around much. She was away for months and I sat at home by myself for nine months." I said and he looked down at his hands.

"But Camden..." he looked up at me and his face broke my heart. I've never seen him look so broken.

"You can still be his father" his eyes lit up.

"But if you want to be a father you have to be committed. You can't just decide one day that you don't want to be one anymore" he nodded.

"Just because I'm saying this doesn't mean I like you." A huge smile broke out on his face.

"Thank God! I thought I would have to be nice to you" I just shook my head.

"Brynn..." I looked towards the door that just burst open.

Everrett was standing there staring at us.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt" I just shook my head.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a walk with me"

"Oh yeah sure, I'll just go lay him down" motioning towards River.

"No..." I looked at Camden.

"I'll take him up, if that's okay" I smiled before getting up and handing River over.

"Don't close his bedroom door all the way" Camden nodded. I watched Camden walk cautiously up the stairs and once he disappeared down the hallway at the top of the stairs I turned and walked outside with Everett.

We walked through the trees in the backyard until we reached another little bench we have all the way in the back of the yard.

"Do you want one?" Everett motioned towards his cigarette pack as we sat down.

"No, I'm fine" I said but grabbed the pack from his hand and the cigarette from his hand that he had just pulled from the pack.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked.

"You said you were trying to quit, so I'm going to help you"

"Fine" he said.

I put the cigarette he had pulled out back into the pack and set it on the ground.

"So, you're okay with Camden being Rivers father?" Everett asked.

"Well he is River's father"

"I guess you're right"

"Everett, how have you been?" He gave me a strange look.

"Why?"

"I don't know, it's been a little stressful being near me for the last couple of weeks I haven't really asked you how you've been" he gave me a small smile.

"Well I'm fine but thanks for asking."

We sat in silence for a little while, just enjoying the nice late night sky.

I whipped around when I saw a flashlight beam pass in front of me. Someone was walking down the path towards us and when they got closer I realized it was Melissa.

I smile at her but my smile immediately dropped when I noticed how angry she looked.

"Melissa, what's wrong?" I asked and she looked at me and then turned towards Everett.

"What the hell is going on?" She practically screamed.

Everett looked at me and then back at Melissa.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I didn't think Melissa's face could look any angrier but somehow it did.

"I just got a very interesting phone call..." Everett raised an eyebrow.

"Saying that your payment is due for TwigBorro rehabilitation center" I watched Everetts eyes go widen.

"What is going on? Why do you owe money to a rehab center?" Everett looked down at his hands.

"Sweetheart, please tell me what's going on" Melissa said in a softer tone as she sat down next to him.

"Moms there" he said. He looked like a lost little boy right now.

"What? Why?" Melissa asked.

"I put her there because she hasn't been doing good since dad died" he pursed his lips and I think it was to stop himself from crying.

I decided I would give them privacy so I quietly made my way back towards the house.

I was kind of glad Melissa found out since it was her sister.

When I made it back to the house I walked into the living room and saw Paris and Camden cuddled up on the couch.

"Hey where've you been?" Paris asked when she saw me.

"Everett and I took a walk around the yard" she nodded before laying her head back down on Camdens shoulder.

I walked towards the stairs because I was exhausted and ready for bed but I stopped about half way up.

"Camden, did you have any issues putting River down? Sometimes he wakes up when you try and lay him down" Camden just shook his head.

"Nope, hopefully it was okay, I turned on the nightlight that's by his bed"

"Oh yeah that's fine, it's actually better"

"Alright I'm going to bed" I said before walking upstairs.

I showered and then changed. I went into Rivers room, something I do late at night a lot.

I enjoyed just watching him sleep and with everything that's happened in the last couple weeks I haven't gotten to do it.

I sat down in the rocking chair that's in his room and I just rocked while watching his little eyes twitch in his sleep.

"I knew I would find you here" I jumped a little at the sound of Everetts voice.

I gave him a small smile before leaning my head against the back of the chair, I really was exhausted.

"Can I talk to you?" Everett asked and I nodded before getting up and following him out of Rivers room and into mine.

"So Melissa and I were talking and I decided that Melissa should go see my mom in rehab and she suggested that you should come with us... so" I smiled at him.

"Of course I would love to meet your mom" I said before giving a short sweet kiss.

I didn't really think about it until after it happened.

"Sorry" I quickly apologized.

"For what?" He asked with a goofy grin on his face.

"For kissing you"

He didn't respond, he just pulled me in closer to him and kissed me deeply.

We stayed like that for a couple minutes before he pulled away from.

"I'm not going to apologize for that" and then he walked out.
~
Sorry it took so long, life got in the way!!

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter!!