14. Epilogue

4 years later
"Cuddle bug please stop" I said as I rolled on my back. Eight year old River was jumping on My bed and making me very sick considering I was seven months pregnant.

"Mommy, I'm hungry" I heard a groan from beside me and glanced over to see Everett rolling onto his back.

"Buddy its six in the morning" Everett groaned before rolling towards me.

"But..." River started but I quickly cut him off.

"No buts, lay down here or go back to bed" he whined a little before slumping forward on top of us.

Everett grabbed him and put him between us before wrapping his arms around both of us.

We laid in bed peacefully for another five minutes before River spoke again.

"I'm hungry" I let out a breathe before sitting up.

"River, please try and get some sleep" I got up and grabbed a pillow before heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?"Everett asked.

"I need sleep and I won't get any if I stay here" I could practically feel him rolling his eyes.

"Sorry for the inconvenience Everett" I said angrily before storming out and heading to our guest bedroom.

I laid down on the nice fluffy bed and almost instantly fell asleep.
~
"Mommy" I felt my face being poked.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked to see River standing by the side of the bed and Everett standing in the doorway.

"I'm hungry"he whispered.

"What time is it?" I asked and River quickly turned around to look at Everett.

"It's ten" I smiled a little before sitting up.

"Thank you for waiting cuddle bug" Everett let out a sarcastic laugh.

"What?" I asked while looking at him.

"I was in the kitchen at six fifteen making pancakes" I gave him a smile.

"And you're still hungry?" I asked River and he quickly nodded.

"Everett is not good at cooking" I laughed at that before pulling myself out of the bed.

I grabbed Rivers hand and walked to the kitchen with Everett close behind.

I quickly whipped together waffles and eggs before sitting down at the table so I could eat.

"How's my sister mommy?" River asked while eating.

River was pretty excited about getting a sibling and he was really hoping it was a girl but we actually didn't know. Everett and I decided that we wanted to be surprised.

"The baby is doing great now that I got some sleep and some food" he smiled before going back to eating and drawing in his coloring books.

"And how's mommy's cravings today?" Everett asked as he sat down next to me and placed his hand on my belly.

"I'm fine" I said,