Chapter 12

This one turned out much better, much longer too. (:

We went home, filthy and covered in ice cream, but having the time of our lives.

That was the perfect way to help get my mind off of the almost pregnancy, and my depression.

"Thank you, that was so much fun..."

"Wanna take a shower together?"

He winked at me causing me to blush and giggle like a little kid.

"I actually have to ask you something..."

"What's that?"

"Would you mind if I went over to Hillari's to help out with Carresa?

He grinned at my uncertainty, and caused me to smile, already knowing his answer. I think this was exactly what I needed, to be with a baby, the one baby I love as much as I would my own.

I just didn't want to be around Carter, but I knew it would either be Carter or Hillari.

I dialed Hillari's number; no answer. I hung up and dialed Carter's number, and of course, he answered on the second ring.

"Hey Carter, how are you?"

"I'm good. Just watching the baby while Hillari's out with her mom. How are you?"

"Um, I'm alright. Would you mind if I came over? To hang out with you and Caressa?"

"Not at all, we could use some company."

"Alright, I'll be over there soon."

"Bye Alexis."

I hung up the phone, knowing that if I were to be going somewhere I'd have to take a quick shower, and change my clothes. I couldn't exactly wear ice cream covered clothes over to the boys house I though I loved, that just wouldn't make much sense.

We stepped into the shower, not doing much other than kissing, but that's expected. It was perfect to get my mind off of Carter, until I knew I was going to visit him. Ignoring the butterflies in my stomach, I grabbed the keys off of the counter and pecked Tyler on the lips.

"See you later, love you."

"Love you too baby, have fun."

I grinned at my thoughtful fiancé, realizing how lucky I really was to have him. I couldn't possibly love two men right? I mean does that even happen? My thoughts were becoming suffocating, and I didn't think I could take much more.

Pulling up to his house, ignoring the nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach, I rang the doorbell.

Carter opened the door, and gestured for me to walk in, feeling nervous as ever I walked in, trying to be as normal as possible.

"Where's Caressa?"

"Oh, I just put her down for a nap, she should be up soon."

I nodded, feeling incredibly awkward. I was going to be stuck alone with him for who knows how long.

"How've things been going?'

I was trying to avoid awkward small talk, but knew I couldn't just ignore him.

"Not bad I guess, just been sorta preoccupied. How are things going with Hillari?"

He grinned, telling me instantly that he was in love, I felt my stomach drop, but knew I had to ignore it. I couldn't love him, I didn't.

"Things are great. I'm so happy being a dad to this precious baby."

I smiled at him, knowing how affectionate he was, he truly was meant to be a dad at a young age.

"I'm glad. I really am happy for you."

"How are you and Tyler?"

I smiled, remembering how sweet he was, and how much fun we had this morning.

"I take it as they're going well?"

I nodded, trying to keep the blush off my face, but desperately failing.

"Are you hungry, or thirsty or anything?"

As if right on cue, my stomach growled, reminding me that I hadn't eaten anything but ice cream all day.

"How about a sandwich?"

I nodded with a smile, he made the best sandwiches, always have.

"Are you gonna make your famous one?"

I asked hoping he was going to, I could use one of them.

"I'm sure I could manage to make you one, only because you're special though."

I smiled at his niceness. I missed him, we used to be so close. Or at least I thought we were.

I watched as he threw everything together. White bread, turkey, roast beef, mustard, lettuce, pepper jack cheese and tomato. My stomach was growling and I was practically drooling over the look of the delicious food.

He brought it over and set it down in front of me on the table, I just about devoured the sandwich, getting the biggest smile from Carter.

"I'm glad you liked it."

"Mmmm, thank you. It was delicious and exactly what I needed."

We were sitting there in awkward silence, just then Caressa woke up crying, saving us both from the embarrassment.

"That's my cue, I'll be back."

"I can go get her, I haven't seen her in a while anyways."

I stood up from my chair and went to her room, opening the door and looking at the beautiful baby girl I hadn't seen in a while.

"Caressa! You've grown so much since I last saw you!"

I picked up the baby and set her down on the changing table, changing her diaper and giving her, her pacifier.

"You're probably a hungry baby, huh?"

I turned around to see Carter at the door, watching us both with those eyes I love so much. He held up a bottle, knowing that she would be hungry. I took it from him and sat down with Caressa feeding her the bottle.

He just stood there watching me, as if knowing what I was thinking. I loved the boy with all my heart, but also loved his brother. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I wanted my mind to be distracted so I just looked at the baby, letting my mind wander while looking at her beautiful face.

A/N

I think this one went pretty well. I actually enjoyed writing it and didnt have to force myself to sit and write (:

I hope everyone is well, and thank you for all the reads on both of the books!

I apprediate it so much.

Comment, fan, and vote!

Love you,

Sami