10

Lukas was dreading going to school that morning since the night before, but walking into the school with Philips fingers intertwined with his was giving him a large amount of confidence and he held his head up as he entered. He was ready, and he didn't give a fuck what anyone had to say about him. He would however, gladly beat the fuck out of anyone who tried to insult Philip.

He could almost feel the judgement radiating off of Tyler, his best friend, approached them with a sly smirk on his face. Tyler, the reason Lukas suppressed his sexuality. Tyler was his first introduction to homophobia and he was serious about it, if anyone even accepted the idea of two boys or two girls he wouldn't speak to them, they were trash to him. Lukas cleared his throat as Tyler stepped in front of him and Philip. He looked at Lukas with a blank facial expression before finally speaking.

"You got a lot of nerve to even show up today." Lukas shook his head and pushed Philip slightly behind him, he wanted a barrier between him and anyone who might hurt him.

"Fuck off Ty, just leave us alone." Tyler got in Lukas' face.

"Don't fucking call me that anymore, we aren't cool, we aren't friends, you're a fag. You are fucking dead to me, Lukas Waldenbeck." Philip pulled Lukas back.

"Come on babe, it isn't worth it." He whispered to him. Tyler turned his attention to Philip and looked him up and down, he threw his head back in a fit of laughter. Philip stared back with a hard glare, holding his ground.

"You're the fucking junkie right? Is that why Lukas' is fucking you? Gay for pay? Are you giving him a discount?" Philip sighed and turned to walk away, he wasn't about to get kicked out of school for some boy who doesn't know shit. Lukas however, wasn't going to take it.

It took one swing. One swing, one punch to the nose and an audible crunch and Tyler was on the ground. Luckily for Tyler, Mr. Edwards was stood at his classroom door and saw it happen so he shouted at Lukas and sent him to the principle. Tyler was fine, his nose wasn't broken even though Philip kind of wished it was. He deserved it. Philip never even touched a drug, and he didn't need rumors that he sold them, there were enough rumors about why he was there.

Tyler wasn't shy to confront Philip later, not to shy to corner him in the bathroom so he couldn't run. Philip was expecting, punches, kicks, anything so that he could get back at Lukas but that wasn't what Tyler was there for you.

"Listen, Philip is it?" He nodded, keeping his head down and not looking the boy in the face.

"I felt bad because I can tell you think he actually likes you. Lukas isn't gay, it was a prank to see if you were actually gay or not. He was supposed to stop after the first kiss but clearly he didn't. Listen kid just stay away, you're just going to be humiliated." With that, he left the bathroom. With that, he shattered Philips heart.

That was before Philip knew the truth.