16

Lukas was scared, his legs shook as he made his way down the stairs as quietly as he could. Bo would kill him if he found out, if he found out that his only son was sneaking out of the house to go meet with his boyfriend, to go kiss him and hold him. Lukas knew how mad he would be and that was part of what made him want to do it more, the thought that the thing making him happy was the same thing that made his dad hate him. He ran, he didn't take this bike since it was to risky, with the sound and everything. He wasn't allowed out of the house for anything, not even school so he hadn't seen Philip in days and though he probably wouldn't admit it, he missed him.

He entered the cabin to see Philip laying on the bed, waiting for him. "Hi, baby." Philip stood up and wrapped his arms around Lukas. "Where the hell have you been? I have something really important to tell you." Lukas smiled at the boy as they both sat down. "So, what's the news?" Lukas asked as he pulled Philip close to his chest and ran his fingers through his soft, brunette hair. "Helen and Gabe adopted me, so after my mom gets better I'm staying here and we can be together." Lukas nodded slightly, too focused on the fact that these moments would be rare, being able to hold Philip, everything just being simple, it was gone now that he had found out, they couldn't have simplicity anymore.

"Lukas, are you okay?" Philip looked up and placed his soft hand on Lukas' cheek, the blonde boy immediately warming to his lovers gentle touch. "I'm fine, Philip, don't worry about me."  Philip brushed Lukas' hair away from his eye, revealing a faded but still noticeable bruise. "Who hit you?" He demanded, his eyebrows furrowing in a protective manner. Lukas sighed and shook his head. "My dad found out about us, and he clearly didn't take it well. I shouldn't even be here right now, I'm not even allowed to leave the house." Philip was mad, for obvious reasons and he stood up almost immediately. "Where is that son of a bitch, I will actually fucking kill him who the fuck does he think he is!" He started shouting, showing his protective side that made Lukas smile widely. "Listen, Philip baby you can't do that, just sit down." He shook his head. "No! He thinks he can fucking put his hands on you just because you like boys! That is fucking ridiculous." Lukas grabbed his arm but Philip headed for the door. Lukas needed it to stop.

He raised his hand and smacked Philip across the cheek, hard. He pushed him onto the bed and forced his hands down above his head. "Philip, fucking stop it." Lukas said sternly. "Lukas, believe me when I say I love you but if you ever fucking put your hands on me again I am gone." Philip threatened, Lukas got off of him and pulled him up into his chest. "I'm so sorry." He whispered as tears started to drip down his cheeks. Though he was mad, and admittedly quite scared, Philip rested his head on Lukas' chest and let out a sigh. "Everything will get better. I promise Lukas." "I love you, Philip."

That was the first time Philip had every truly felt loved.