20

SIX MONTHS LATER

The day was finally there, Philips court date. He would have to stand in front of dozens of people and relive what was done to him. He had spent months looking in his mirror and practicing how he was going to say it and what he was going to say but nothing could prepare him for the real thing. And he was scared.

By the time Philip had finished reliving the abuse he suffered in front of the entire courtroom, he had half the room in tears and his former step father pissed off. Anne was sitting with Gabe and Helen, she was proud that he did this, so they could both let go and would never have to worry about him again. Lukas was there too, though he clearly had tears in his eyes over what happened to his boyfriend but he was proud and he kept a brave face for Philip. In the end, everything he did was for Philip. Helen and Gabe were ready to put up a fight if Thomas was let go again, they wouldn't let that happen, they couldn't.

Philip went to sit with his family and they waited patiently for the jury to reach their verdict. This was it, if they arrested him then everything would be over, Philip could be okay again knowing that this man would be off the streets and couldn't hurt kids anymore. Philip grabbed on to Lukas' hand and intertwined their fingers. He needed support right now and was clearly very on edge. Lukas squeezed his hand and have a reassuring smile. "Everything is going to be okay, after what you said, there is no way he's getting away with this." He whispered to his nervous boyfriend and pressed a small kiss to his forehead. "I love you."

It wasn't much longer before a woman with long black hair stepped up in front of the room with a piece of paper in her hand. This was it. She cleared her throat before she spoke. "We the jury find the defendant guilty of all charges including, domestic abuse, neglect of a child, rape of a minor, child endangerment and possession with intent to distribute." As soon as the word 'guilty' left her mouth, a weight was lifted off of Philips shoulders and a smile broke out on his face, tears rolled down his cheeks and Lukas put his arms around his boyfriend. It was finally over, all the years of being afraid to leave his room, of being silent and submissive. It was done. Lukas held Philip as close as he could, he knew the boy needed it more than anyone could put in words. "I'm so proud of you baby." Anne put her small hand on Philips back. Helen and Gabe shared a small glance and smiled at their adopted son, they were all so proud of him.

Thomas was sentenced to thirty years in prison and taken out in handcuffs, he glared at the family on his way out but they didn't notice him, they didn't need to worry about him anymore.

Philip was wrapped in hugs from his entire family, Anne, Helen, Gabe and Lukas. He turned to his adoptive parents. "Guys, thank you for making this possible, I love you, a lot. Next he turned to Anne, he didn't have much to say so he just hugged her like an idiot. "Get better for me, mom." She kissed his forehead and smile. "I love you Philip." Finally, he turned to Lukas. There were no words, there didn't need to be any, he just kissed his tall, blonde boyfriend and somehow it was enough to know they would be alright.

That was where it finally ended.

(Lassst chapter!!! Thank you all for the support you've given throughout this story, thank you for reading and voting. I've decided against a sequel so I hope you've enjoyed my take on the Philkas love story. All the love -steph)
(If you've enjoyed this story and would like to check out my other works, feel free to follow and read away)