13

Lukas had woken up that morning to a massive good morning text from Philip, it wasn't much since he couldn't skip school to go see his boyfriend, but it was enough to put a smile on Lukas' face and enough to get him through the day by himself. The day was normal, he went to school, spent the day by himself and occasionally was shouted at or teased by one of his classmates or former friends but he ignored them and spent his day texting Philip.

It started out as a normal afternoon as well, Lukas came home from school and headed into the kitchen to make himself something to eat. His dad was there, a bottle of beer sat on the counter and his head sat in his hands. Nothing unusual until he looked up at Lukas and threw a photo down on the counter. Lukas looked at it, it was a Polaroid photo of him pressing a small kiss to Philip's neck.

"Why were you in my room?" Was his first defense, taking a step back away from his father. "Because I own this house, Lukas. Now do you want to explain or should I assume?" Lukas shook his head. "Dad, I love him. I used to think I could change it or stop it but I can't." Bo throws the half empty bottle of beer at his son but thankfully he misses and hits the wall behind him, shattering the bottle into a million pieces. "Is this what you're going to do to our family!?" Lukas' hands started to shake and he shook his head. The room was silent for awhile, Lukas was scared to push it, scared to make him even more mad. "Dad stop it's not that big of a deal." That only pissed him off more. "It's a massive deal, Lukas. Oh my god you fag. No, no that's it you are not leaving this house and you will not see that kid. Who the fuck is he Lukas?" Lukas didn't say anything, he wouldn't. "Dammit Lukas be useful for once in your fucking life and tell me who he is!" He demanded, grabbing his son by my arm and pulling him harshly towards him. Lukas stayed silent. "Who is he?" Bo shouted in Lukas' face. He gave up, he couldn't do it anymore. He couldn't keep lying. "Philip Shea. I'm in love with Philip Shea." Bo harshly slapped him across the face. "You don't know shit. You aren't in love, you're sick. And he did this to you." Lukas cleared his throat and tried to step away from his dad. "Yeah sure, lets just pretend that it's Philips fault that I've never been able to get it up for a girl." Bo punched Lukas in the eye and he fell flat to the ground. Bo had never punched him, he used slaps and pushes to get his point across. He'd never punched Lukas until then. "You know what Lukas, I'm glad your mother is dead. She'd probably kill herself if she saw her only son become a queer." He left, leaving Lukas on the floor, helpless, alone, and scared.

That was when Lukas decided he hated Bo