Prologue

"That person who enters your life out of nowhere, and suddenly means the world to you."

Philip was sat in the truck, waiting for Gabe to pay for the gas as he sipped on his soda when he saw this boy. He saw the most beautiful boy he'd ever seen and something clicked. He knew he had to get out of the truck and he knew he had to speak to this person. The boy was breath taking, truly. His hair was shaggy and blonde, his eyes a beautiful blue and the way he wore such a casual outfit, a flannel and jeans, with such confidence and beauty. Philip opened the door of the truck and got out, walking around to where the boy was standing, leaning against a car, a silver Ford that looked shiny and quite new.

Philip cleared his throat so the tall stranger would look up from his phone, which he did and he smiled slightly down at Philip.
"Hey, I'm Philip." He smiled, the boy was looking him up and down, trying to get an idea of what he was like.
"I'm Lukas, are you new in town?" Philip nodded slightly, staring at Lukas.
"Yeah, I just moved, from the city, I'm going to Red Hook high school." Philip couldn't help but notice the way Lukas glanced at his lips while running his tongue over his own.
"I go to Red Hook too, I haven't seen you around, have you started yet?" Philip ran a nervous hand through his hair as he couldn't tell if the hot stranger was flirting or not.
"No, my first day is this Wednesday, so like 4 days." Lukas nodded, pulling his phone back out and handing it to Philip.
"Here, put your number in. We can talk sometime." Philip nodded frantically and made a new contact, typing in his name and number. He handed the phone back to Lukas when he noticed Gabe walking back out of the store.
"That's my foster dad, I've gotta go." Lukas nodded.
"I'll see you at school then." He smiled as Philip walked back to Gabes truck and got in, unable to wipe the smile off of his face.
"Someone looks happy." Gabe commented as he started the truck, shifting his eyes over to his foster son.
"I've just met the most amazing person."

That was before he hurt Philip.